• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

World of Warcraft

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
That is awesome with the pets, I wanted to start collecting them, but I figured at this point, it is so far along in the game that it would be fruitless.

It's really not too bad, if you like collecting things :) There are a few hard ones that you will probably skip... dragons are 1/1000 and there are four of them, so... I personally farm the gold and will buy them when they come up on the AH (like I did with the worse than 1/10000 drop rate of the Hyacinth! - 2000 gold, gah. But that's well over 25,000 kills to get a 90% confidence of drop... and 25,000 kills > 2000 gold!)

Err.... anyway, you can always go back to get the pets, I mean :) I'm not collecting any more except as they come up (I wanted the 50, but there aren't even 100 pets in the game to get the next accomplishment)... but I am collecting all the cooking recipes. Need one from Rokk, a bunch from horde and dalaran and... the dirge's. Need to find a group for BWL, which will end up being the hardest, I think. But, I think I'll have them (except maybe any added dalaran ones) in about a month and a half, no thanks to Dalaran. (Give me rhino dog dailies, PLEASE!)

Inbetween I'll be farming for Pilton's bag, dalaran signet and the wooly mounts. 50,000 gold, here we go! o_O

And then... sadly... I'll be farming ZG, AQ and Strat for mounts (and the 15,000 gold or so to buy the rest of them.)

Damn, that's a lot of things to do.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Here was Foof the other day. She's at 53 nearing 54. Death Knight for Christmas! :holy:

WoWScrnShot_122108_145118-1.jpg
WoWScrnShot_122108_145246-1.jpg

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
However, I got my stinker last week, and picked up a Hyacinth Macaw yesterday. I know, probably no one knows what that is, but... it's a major feather in my pet-collecting hat. I'm now well on my way to 100 pets! Ok, part of the way. A small part. (You can see my collection here: WarcraftPets.com - Ptgatsby's Profile Wheeeeeee!)

Oh my gosh, it's like Pokemon... gatsby's been infected by the madness!

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Oh my gosh, it's like Pokemon... gatsby's been infected by the madness!
:wubbie:

Pets are awesome. I'll need to grab a shot of my shaman's Pheonix hatchling sometime.

I do need to come say hi to the Blackhand peoples more. Had an RP event and a raid last night. /mutter

Want the new patch so I can roll a Death Knight over there.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pets are awesome. I'll need to grab a shot of my shaman's Pheonix hatchling sometime.

I did loot a green whelp drop once, early on -- I sold it for, like, 85g or something -- which was a LOT of money for only being something like level 38 at that time.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I just reread the Silmarillion.
Confound me, I haven't the patience for that kind of fiction. Good on you.

And my Death Knight is 80. Some of the Icecrown chains are pretty cool. :)
Having added you to my friends list, I see her popping on and off, touring the place. Jeremy was blown away by Northrend -- I've got a lot to look forward to.

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
I would tell you on this forum, but instead, I'm going to tack hard geek and whisper Caracaroth the next time I spot her.
:D

I should be on sometime tonight. Not sure if I'll be running heroics with my guildies or RPing with a friend, or what.

Save me from Sons of Hodir dailies, please. I mean "Thrusting Hodir's spear"? :doh:

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Save me from Sons of Hodir dailies, please. I mean "Thrusting Hodir's spear"? :doh:
"Hodir, your spear is so -- so long."

Meanwhile, for me, it's IM IN UR AUCTION HOUSE UNDERCUTTIN UR STACKS, appropriately enough, with my pally alt Aedilhild. Oh, I love competitive pricing and being That Guy.

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
The spear really is that long. :cry:

And I should send you some monies to get you started. Since I've spent over 7k gold on...mounts. :doh:

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
And I should send you some monies to get you started. Since I've spent over 7k gold on...mounts. :doh:
No, no! I must retain my independence. You don't know the thrill from living on secondhand materiel and bleached, silk shirts.

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
No, no! I must retain my independence. You don't know the thrill from living on secondhand materiel and bleached, silk shirts.
Yessir.

Actually, I think I've spent about 15.8k gold on flying mounts. :cry:

And lazer turkeys are :wubbie:.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was getting Rhalea pissed then my roomie talked me into heading out :cry:

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
That's....creepy.

What dungeon is that from?

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I did loot a green whelp drop once, early on -- I sold it for, like, 85g or something -- which was a LOT of money for only being something like level 38 at that time.

I was doing some quick calculations - I'd be willing to pay about 1500g* for that pet now (the green one in particular). I've gotten a few more pets (including the black tabby! GO ME!) since then, but... I'm a long ways to 100. Instead I spent my 10k on gearing up, mounts and what not.

Almost have loremaster though - almost! Got my 3000 quests done already (I may very well hit 3500 by the time I get loremaster!).

After that, going for The Exalted title (3.08 hits and low level mobs everywhere are going DOWN!), 100 pets and 100 mounts. And "Chef", and "Salty". In that order.

(* Interestingly enough, the two times I could of bought them, I didn't have the money to buy them! I saw one at 1200g the other day, and I had just bought giantmaim equipment <_< Now I keep 2000g on my alt so that I can buy stuff as it comes available!)