• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

World of Warcraft

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
Ugh. So I'm reinstalling everything ATM in prep for WotLK on Thursday. Taking the day off of work to try and get in some game time before the servers are flooded with DKs. When BC came out I somehow lucked out when I rolled a BE and was one of a whole three people in Quel'Thalas on release day (don't know how that happened).

And huge changes happen in the past year?

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
And huge changes happen in the past year?

I am in somewhat the same position. And the answer is... yes.

I don't even know how to say it... a very different game than when BC came out, and... it's not even remotely close to the original.

I just about fainted when I saw druids had a full rez now! And then some hunter ran by with a giant core hound. Strange.

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
I am in somewhat the same position. And the answer is... yes.

I don't even know how to say it... a very different game than when BC came out, and... it's not even remotely close to the original.

I just about fainted when I saw druids had a full rez now! And then some hunter ran by with a giant core hound. Strange.

I had heard about Hunters now being able to tame exotic pets (or is that in WotLK?) heh... wonder if the Cerberus from the Draenei starting zone is tamable now. o_O

From the sounds of things, it's going to end up like D2 when all classes had some way of having skills/spells of the other classes.

Ah well, I always wanted to play a DK since vanilla WoW and I guess it'll hold me over until D3 comes out.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
yay, I'm lvl 31 now! :static:

The other day was funny. Cafe and I were looking for this place and I jumped off a cliff not realizing we were as high up as we were and died on impact, Cafe soon after. She said, Well I guess I know the answer to the question if your friend jumped off a cliff would you as well?" :laugh:

Now trying to earn enough money to buy a mount. I have 3 golds and 80 silvers and need 40 golds. This may take a while. :dry:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1

The other day was funny. Cafe and I were looking for this place and I jumped off a cliff not realizing we were as high up as we were and died on impact, Cafe soon after. She said, Well I guess I know the answer to the question if your friend jumped off a cliff would you as well?" :laugh:

Now trying to earn enough money to buy a mount. I have 3 golds and 80 silvers and need 40 golds. This may take a while. :dry:
W00t!

I think I'm almost totally broke from getting killed all the time and having to repair my armor and from getting lost and having to pay to fly where I really meant to go. Plus, I keep buying spells and stuff. No impulse control.

Hey, after I get something to eat I should be on. Maybe we can find another cliff! :laugh:

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
W00t!

I think I'm almost totally broke from getting killed all the time and having to repair my armor and from getting lost and having to pay to fly where I really meant to go. Plus, I keep buying spells and stuff. No impulse control.

Hey, after I get something to eat I should be on. Maybe we can find another cliff! :laugh:
It's Tuesday silly! I'm actually leaving the house and later taking the kids to see Madagascar 2.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
It's Tuesday silly! I'm actually leaving the house and later taking the kids to see Madagascar 2.
:doh: Man! Now I'm probably going to have to do something useful. :cry:

I wondered why the kids weren't on the computers when I got up. :laugh:

Have fun at the movies, BTW!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

If you ask nicely, maybe Saelki will help a sis in need. (You're horde, aren't you?)

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
We ended up being too in love with our night elf druids to leave them. :wub:

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
What am I thankful for this season? Foofarina thats who. She is too :wub: to ever part from. My Husband is gelus even, as he should be. :laugh:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We ended up being too in love with our night elf druids to leave them. :wub:

Ooops. I guess you're stuck hoofin' it, then. ;)

how are you liking druid-dom?
Which talent tree did you each pursue?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Ooops. I guess you're stuck hoofin' it, then. ;)

how are you liking druid-dom?
Which talent tree did you each pursue?
I think I like the flexibility of the druid thing. Love travel form!

I honestly don't have a great handle on the whole talent tree thing, but I've been concentrating most of my points in balance and restore. I have to keep things pretty simple for myself because I have crappy motor skills and get easily flustered, which does not make me a good gamer in the traditional sense.

I'm open to suggestions in case they reset the points again. :yes:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I like the flexibility of the druid thing. Love travel form!

I honestly don't have a great handle on the whole talent tree thing, but I've been concentrating most of my points in balance and restore. I have to keep things pretty simple for myself because I have crappy motor skills and get easily flustered, which does not make me a good gamer in the traditional sense.

I'm open to suggestions in case they reset the points again. :yes:

I never really played much in those trees, I've only done Feral (up to about the max). It was very effective as a DPS and tank build.

You can go to WowWiki.com and look for descriptions of "builds" (particular arrangements of talents) that contribute to the sort of focus you want your character to have.

Travel forms help a lot. I don't think I even had a mount for my druid for a long time, since i had the form. Being a manatee or whatever is funny too. :) That was great for underwater quests -- I could swim in travel form to the bottom, change to some other form and fight/do whatever, then change back to avoid drowning.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Holy crap, you guys level quickly. I had to go back to my rogue on Uther just to try and get her to 70 before Thursday and the Xpac. I am so torn as to what character to play after that.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Tower of Althalaxx. pt 2

DON'T go in the tower. You don't need to kill warlocks to get the scraps just kill the fanatics outside around the tower and they will drop what you need. Happy hunting.
sounds good to me. :D SP play with us.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Ah. I'm working on Pt. 8, where you have to kill the dude at the top of the tower and take his head to the wimp hiding by the road.

I've been reading and I guess we should be selling herbs and skins at auction. It's more lucrative than selling the finished products. Ideally, I'd get rid of alchemy and get another gathering skill, but I like having elixirs and potions for my own use and to share.

I'm also buying too much crap. :( I have to stop shopping so much.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ah. I'm working on Pt. 8, where you have to kill the dude at the top of the tower and take his head to the wimp hiding by the road.

I hated that quest. And yes, if you're not prepared, you can be weeding out the underlings outside, then get too close to the tower and suddenly find yourself in big trouble!

I've been reading and I guess we should be selling herbs and skins at auction. It's more lucrative than selling the finished products.

ding ding ding!

First Big Lesson, yes. The materials usually sell for far more than the products -- because people want to raise their crafting skills quickly WITHOUT having to collect the mats. Or they decided to build up two different crafts without having a collection skill. When high levels do this, they'll drop gold like it's nothing to them (because it's not), that to newbs is a lot of money.

Basically, only craft items in order to raise your skill level. Then just do items on commission or for personal use, otherwise sell the materials.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I'm also buying too much crap. :( I have to stop shopping so much.
Apparently at this point in the game we'll get heavier armor from drops so that should save some $.
ding ding ding!

First Big Lesson, yes. The materials usually sell for far more than the products -- because people want to raise their crafting skills quickly WITHOUT having to collect the mats. Or they decided to build up two different crafts without having a collection skill. When high levels do this, they'll drop gold like it's nothing to them (because it's not), that to newbs is a lot of money.

Basically, only craft items in order to raise your skill level. Then just do items on commission or for personal use, otherwise sell the materials.
Good to know. I am currently trying to make enough money to afford the next level of skinning so I can make better clothing and will try and sell them at an auction. I needs money for my mount you see. :D

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Apparently at this point in the game we'll get heavier armor from drops so that should save some $.Good to know. I am currently trying to make enough money to afford the next level of skinning so I can make better clothing and will try and sell them at an auction. I needs money for my mount you see. :D

Again, as soon as you get your skill to the "next level," don't bother crafting [gray] items to sell. Very few items will command price-wise what the mats will bring you.

You'd do better mining copper ore and selling it as-is on the open market, I've seen it sell for 2g for a stack of 20 sometimes. I also got good at knowing when something was undervalued, so I'd buy it and resell it at normal price.