• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

World of Warcraft

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
My fault. It didn't seem that full when I initially picked it. :doh:

No problem :) I was just curious.

I'm gonna get over my separation anxiety and try to level up my character.

Ellemental is the name, for tagging me in game!

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I was in, but I had to try resetting when my ping hit 1500ms. Now I'm locked out entirely *sniff*

Looks like the server won't be stable until tomorrow now, hopefully

edit: Never mind, said that, then got it. <_<

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
They have queues on a lot of realms tonight. First time I have seen that in about a year. It's probably on their end, lowering the cap to try and help with stability.

I love huge patch weeks.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I posted it in chat tonight, but I set up the chat channel for us, so we don't need parties all the time.

Just type /join mbticentral

Then just type /# (# being the channel it assigns you)

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I switched over to a blood elf hunter I created in Blackhand. She's hot. ;P

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Mmm, good luck with that tonight, peoples. :hug: I'm busy trying to down Shade of Akama over on Sentinels. Owww....

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll catch up with y'all when I can.

Comcast came and did the install yesterday.
Of course, my Internet is still not working.
Although my modem is working.
And my router is working.
And my computer says I have an internet connection.
And I did numerous disconnects, reconnects, repairs, etc.

I think it finally linked in last night but I lost the link again when I reset my modem.

Because damn Comcast was auto-forcing me to go through their installation package (my browsers were being commandeered) despite the fact I was just transferring an account, I already have an account name, and my computer already had their software on it. It doesn't check for any of that. It just takes over your browser and only lets you go to their one page, until you get "installed." I'm so pissed off with them. Because their install program didn't work, it would give me an error message that I couldn't understand (there was no real explanation, it was all in tech-ese) so I'll actually have to call tech support.

To top it off, although all I did was just move my computer from one apartment to another, pretty much wholesale, my wireless mouse no longer works (and yes, I replaced the batteries, and Reset the mouse and pulled out and reslotted the USB wireless mouse controller... numerous times). So I had no MOUSE, I was doing everything through keyboard last night. Arggggg.

I'd also like to bitch about how UGI told me they'd turn the gas on this past Monday and I didn't find out they lied until last night when I went to cook noodles on the gas stove and nothing worked, but I suppose I should do that elsewhere.

We can kill her if she flags PVP though.

yes, we can. :)

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Ah, that's too bad. :hug: I usually don't have to mess around with the internet, but it's a pain when it messes up.

My activity for last night-first time to Black Temple:
WoWScrnShot_101608_001458.jpg

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I am online again at home -- woo hoo!!!

Now I just have my 1.21 jigawatts of downloading to do for the patch.
Sigh. :(

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Well, I am online again at home -- woo hoo!!!

Now I just have my 1.21 jigawatts of downloading to do for the patch.
Sigh. :(

o_O Did no one run the pre-downloader? It took me about 30 minutes to DL the update (the 3.0 to 3.0.1? I think). Took longer to install, and even longer to actually connect to a server :D

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Found a neat little way to make some extra cash with the Hallow's End event going on.

Make sure to trick or treat at your innkeeper once an hour or any chance you get. Hang on to any of the wands that change a party member into the various costumes. Head to a major city, Stormwind, Darnassus, Ironforge, etc, and keep an eye on the trade channel.

Higher level toons are paying pretty good gold to be turned into different things. I guess there is an Achievement you can earn by getting turned into all of them. I made 15 gold last night off one guy.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Heh. I wasn't sure what the wand was for and clicked it when I had just been talking to somebody. Turned Jen's kind into a bat. :doh:

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
LOL! I ended up getting turned into a leper gnome when I got tricked instead of treated. I had to log out cause I couldn't turn it off, and there was no way I was gonna look at that little ugly bastard for an hour.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Now I'm a hunter and I have a pet. I hardly have to do anything as Foofette kills pretty much anything that's near us. ;)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
LOL! I ended up getting turned into a leper gnome when I got tricked instead of treated. I had to log out cause I couldn't turn it off, and there was no way I was gonna look at that little ugly bastard for an hour.

heh. Where are you again?
(Me's got a wand!)

o_O Did no one run the pre-downloader? It took me about 30 minutes to DL the update (the 3.0 to 3.0.1? I think). Took longer to install, and even longer to actually connect to a server :D

I just loaded the software like normal, it did the download all by itself. Took about 3 hours or so.

...Higher level toons are paying pretty good gold to be turned into different things. I guess there is an Achievement you can earn by getting turned into all of them. I made 15 gold last night off one guy.

oh, is THAT what that is? Achievements? I saw that popup once or twice and had no clue what I was looking at.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah, they implemented the achievements system with this last patch. A lot of my old guildies are running around like crazy people trying to get all these things, but I could care less. If one pops up, neat. I'm not going to go Pokemon crazy and try to get all of them.

Here's a list to them all:

Achievements - World of Warcraft

I think I am parked over in Ashenvale now, trying to get my Draenei to exalted with Darnassus before 30 so I don't have to ride around on a stupid elephant.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Kinda cool event they just started, leading up to the Expansion in three weeks:

Found in the rotting diary of Eric Farrington in the dead city of Andorhal…

Wednesday

My beloved home, Andorhal, has fallen victim to an evil plague. I have witnessed the horrors of the Scourge firsthand, and seen unimaginable things. Death was not granted to my loved ones. Instead, everyone I’ve ever known has turned into monsters. Monsters of unfathomable, relentless viciousness!

I thought naught of a few illnesses, a few fevers. We continued to ship out crates of grain to Lordaeron, and we weren’t fearful of this new sickness -- we were confident our healers could handle it. I know now that was foolish, blind.

The denizens of Andorhal turned into vile zombies of the Scourge. These monstrosities no longer held any thoughts or abilities from their mortal lives. Most certain of all, they readily used new powers we had never seen before to further spread the disease and hasten the destruction of the city.

I have been hiding for two days in the sewers, but I must venture out soon to find supplies or possibly a way out of the city to the forests.

Friday

Help me, I’ve been bitten!

I cannot believe I was foolish enough to think I could sneak past all of them on the streets. The zombies are everywhere now, and Andorhal is only a shell of its former glory, a sad and twisted remnant of my beautiful home.

I can already feel the disease taking me. May the light bless me as I go to be with my family and friends once again. I’m not sure how much longer I can keep my sanity. I am weak. I hunger, and must eat…

Eat…

Brains...

The Scourge Invasion is upon us! Prepare yourself for the deadly onslaught of the Scourge, unleashed upon Azeroth and all its denizens.

FAQ

Q: How do I become a zombie?
A: Disease-infected crates are scattered throughout the cities of Azeroth, spreading a sickness that transforms its sufferers into zombies. And of course, when zombies attack, their victims can be afflicted by the disease as well.

Q: How do you stop being a zombie?
A: The disease can be cured by other players who can cast ‘Cure Disease’ or by special healer NPCs in the cities. Once the disease has run its course and a character has become a zombie, the only cure is death.

Q: Can I become a zombie again?
A: Yes.

Q: As a zombie, what are some things I can/cannot do?
A: You can no longer cast the spells/abilities that you had as a normal character, and formerly friendly NPCs now consider you an enemy. You can, however, cast new, unique zombie spells.

Q: Anything else I should know while being a zombie?
A: As a zombie, you are part of a special faction that is friendly with all zombies and can converse with them, regardless of whether they were part of the Horde or Alliance in their mortal existences.