• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

World of Warcraft

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Heh, not meaning to pick on you, Jennifer, but this post made me laugh. I'm an old-time/long-time Everquest player, and I'm completely used to hearing and stating things in those terms, but I have *absolutely no idea* what you're talking about :) (other than a few game-neutral terms).

ha ha, well, prepare for a whole new dialect of "geek speak" then if you make the jump. ;)

The starting zones by race are separated, and it is a pain in the ass to get a low-level toon of one race to some of the other low-level zones for other races. Gnome/Dwarf <-> Human is not bad, but Drae/Elf <-> the other three is brutal, you have to run through a zone where everything is about 12-16 levels higher than you are and so you'll aggro things even at long distances.

When you die, your spirit goes to a nearby cemetary; you can either rez yourself there (at cost) or do the corpse run back... and then have to continue on the journey. I lucked out; I died twice in the wetlands, and both times, the cemetary was way AHEAD of where I had been, so I could skip most of the zone by just dying twice.

Sigh. 1.2 gigs? Comcast won't be back until tomorrow. :(

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Seriously, this is piss taking to the extreme. Unless something's wrong with my computer these patches are annoying. How many are there??????? This new one is 4 hours?? WTF?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seriously, this is piss taking to the extreme. Unless something's wrong with my computer these patches are annoying. How many are there??????? This new one is 4 hours?? WTF?

You know how there's a cost to be beautiful?

Well, there's also a cost to having lots of WoW-like fun!

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Jen, it wouldn't matter if it was taking 6 hours, the servers go down on Tuesday for weekly maintenance, every week. Gives us all a good excuse to go outside.

The patch will be done before the servers come back up, don't you worry. :)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
HELL NO.

I don't think I could handle having to work with my router again through that hell.

Yeah, it might kill the little hamster to run that fast on the wheel.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Jen, it wouldn't matter if it was taking 6 hours, the servers go down on Tuesday for weekly maintenance, every week. Gives us all a good excuse to go outside.

The patch will be done before the servers come back up, don't you worry. :)
I was happier and content playing the free trial. Ever since I paid money it's been extremely frustrating and I want to gouge my eyes out. I am still unable to play more than 24 hours later after purchasing this shit. My only hope at this point is that Cafe (who is trying to install her purchased copy now) doesn't go through the same torture than I've endured.

I hate WoW. WoW can go to hell.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Don doesn't know that I bought it yet and probably isn't going to be terribly happy about it. If I have to have him help me with a difficult install when he gets home I'm really going to owe him. Right now it's still plugging away. Meantime I'm frying up some pork chops as a preemptive peace offering. This is the kind of thing that gives strategy in relationships a bad name. :whistling:

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
^ Limey isn't thrilled either and that's just with the "trial" version. He doesn't know I've purchased it yet. :p

Since my above post I've been to the gym for cardio circuit class and feel calmer. I hope I can play later tonight as I'd like to get to level 15.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
They're slowly bringing the servers up now, but it will be hit or miss tonight. They don't normally do huge patches like this, so it isn't that common. Usually on Tuesdays they say they'll be down until 2PM EST and they are up at 11.

Believe me, I am chomping at the bit to get in there too.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
ha ha, well, prepare for a whole new dialect of "geek speak" then if you make the jump. ;)
Heh :) - I don't think I'll do that - I'm probably done with MMO's for the indefinite future. Other than the one night on a trial of EQ-Mac I tried the other day, I've not played any type of MMO for going on 2 years now.

The starting zones by race are separated, and it is a pain in the ass to get a low-level toon of one race to some of the other low-level zones for other races. Gnome/Dwarf <-> Human is not bad, but Drae/Elf <-> the other three is brutal, you have to run through a zone where everything is about 12-16 levels higher than you are and so you'll aggro things even at long distances.

When you die, your spirit goes to a nearby cemetary; you can either rez yourself there (at cost) or do the corpse run back... and then have to continue on the journey. I lucked out; I died twice in the wetlands, and both times, the cemetary was way AHEAD of where I had been, so I could skip most of the zone by just dying twice.
That sounds like the original EQ setup, with different home towns for the different races, except that in EQ, if you died, you went back to your bind spot... no matter where it was. It was completely possible (and pretty common for new low level players) to spend a whole night going from one end of the world to another, only to get stomped by a giant hiding behind a hill and wind up back where you started... with no way to get your corpse and stuff back but to do it all over -- and if you waited too long (hmm... what was it... a day, two?), your corpse would simply be deleted from the game. Ah, the good old days :) (okay, perhaps they're better in retrospect :D)

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Wait, Jen plays WoW now? :huh: I should come visit you guys sometime, then. I do like Draenei.

Stupid servers. :hug:

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Wait, Jen plays WoW now? :huh: I should come visit you guys sometime, then. I do like Draenei.

Stupid servers. :hug:
lol, oh yeah I love it, that's why I'm so upset. I still can't log in. It get's to handshake then disconnects me. :( Is anyone else having this prob?

Yes, yes come and visit Cafe and I! Nice to see you btw. Hope all is well. :)