First 10181920212230 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    We ended up being too in love with our night elf druids to leave them.
    Ooops. I guess you're stuck hoofin' it, then.

how are you liking druid-dom?
    Which talent tree did you each pursue?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Ooops. I guess you're stuck hoofin' it, then.

how are you liking druid-dom?
    Which talent tree did you each pursue?
    I think I like the flexibility of the druid thing. Love travel form!

I honestly don't have a great handle on the whole talent tree thing, but I've been concentrating most of my points in balance and restore. I have to keep things pretty simple for myself because I have crappy motor skills and get easily flustered, which does not make me a good gamer in the traditional sense.

I'm open to suggestions in case they reset the points again.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I think I like the flexibility of the druid thing. Love travel form!

I honestly don't have a great handle on the whole talent tree thing, but I've been concentrating most of my points in balance and restore. I have to keep things pretty simple for myself because I have crappy motor skills and get easily flustered, which does not make me a good gamer in the traditional sense.

I'm open to suggestions in case they reset the points again.
    I never really played much in those trees, I've only done Feral (up to about the max). It was very effective as a DPS and tank build.

You can go to WowWiki.com and look for descriptions of "builds" (particular arrangements of talents) that contribute to the sort of focus you want your character to have.

Travel forms help a lot. I don't think I even had a mount for my druid for a long time, since i had the form. Being a manatee or whatever is funny too. That was great for underwater quests -- I could swim in travel form to the bottom, change to some other form and fight/do whatever, then change back to avoid drowning.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Holy crap, you guys level quickly. I had to go back to my rogue on Uther just to try and get her to 70 before Thursday and the Xpac. I am so torn as to what character to play after that.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Tower of Althalaxx. pt 2

DON'T go in the tower. You don't need to kill warlocks to get the scraps just kill the fanatics outside around the tower and they will drop what you need. Happy hunting.
    sounds good to me. SP play with us.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Ah. I'm working on Pt. 8, where you have to kill the dude at the top of the tower and take his head to the wimp hiding by the road.

I've been reading and I guess we should be selling herbs and skins at auction. It's more lucrative than selling the finished products. Ideally, I'd get rid of alchemy and get another gathering skill, but I like having elixirs and potions for my own use and to share.

I'm also buying too much crap. I have to stop shopping so much.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Ah. I'm working on Pt. 8, where you have to kill the dude at the top of the tower and take his head to the wimp hiding by the road.
    I hated that quest. And yes, if you're not prepared, you can be weeding out the underlings outside, then get too close to the tower and suddenly find yourself in big trouble!

I've been reading and I guess we should be selling herbs and skins at auction. It's more lucrative than selling the finished products.
    ding ding ding!

First Big Lesson, yes. The materials usually sell for far more than the products -- because people want to raise their crafting skills quickly WITHOUT having to collect the mats. Or they decided to build up two different crafts without having a collection skill. When high levels do this, they'll drop gold like it's nothing to them (because it's not), that to newbs is a lot of money.

Basically, only craft items in order to raise your skill level. Then just do items on commission or for personal use, otherwise sell the materials.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I'm also buying too much crap. I have to stop shopping so much.
    Apparently at this point in the game we'll get heavier armor from drops so that should save some $.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

ding ding ding!

First Big Lesson, yes. The materials usually sell for far more than the products -- because people want to raise their crafting skills quickly WITHOUT having to collect the mats. Or they decided to build up two different crafts without having a collection skill. When high levels do this, they'll drop gold like it's nothing to them (because it's not), that to newbs is a lot of money.

Basically, only craft items in order to raise your skill level. Then just do items on commission or for personal use, otherwise sell the materials.
    Good to know. I am currently trying to make enough money to afford the next level of skinning so I can make better clothing and will try and sell them at an auction. I needs money for my mount you see.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Apparently at this point in the game we'll get heavier armor from drops so that should save some $.Good to know. I am currently trying to make enough money to afford the next level of skinning so I can make better clothing and will try and sell them at an auction. I needs money for my mount you see.
    Again, as soon as you get your skill to the "next level," don't bother crafting [gray] items to sell. Very few items will command price-wise what the mats will bring you.

You'd do better mining copper ore and selling it as-is on the open market, I've seen it sell for 2g for a stack of 20 sometimes. I also got good at knowing when something was undervalued, so I'd buy it and resell it at normal price.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I used to like Tuesdays. :sad:
    ~ John Rogers