User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Start over with us!
    I'm struggling with it. It's not that I don't want to, it's that I already have every class going, and I have this strange attachment to my existing characters That, and I haven't seen anyone on since I logged on

You're right though. I should, because it isn't any more fun doing it myself, for sure... I'll just have to put aside my emotional attachment to the server I started on.

The hardest part is not being able to jump onto a soloing character when you don't see anyone on!

SP, how open are the "special pets"? There are a few... dragons... I wouldn't mind having around. Cause if so, I'm so going to get a bunch of beast mastery hunters into battlegrounds and blot out the sky with them.

Oh yes... oh yes I am.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

My kids' trial account can't connect anymore, even on the other computer.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Yeah. I have a bad habit of wandering around looking for plants and getting killed and I've also gone over a few waterfalls because I wanted to see what was on the other side. Turns out the thing on the other side is certain death. Who knew? Still got about a quarter of the most recent download to go. *sigh*
    I don't know if the dwarf landing strip will be open in the next part, but if not, there's a way to get up on top of the mountains and then, besides looking at the great views, going to the dwarf airport even if nothing works up there.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    SP, how open are the "special pets"? There are a few... dragons... I wouldn't mind having around. Cause if so, I'm so going to get a bunch of beast mastery hunters into battlegrounds and blot out the sky with them.

Oh yes... oh yes I am.
    Here's a link to the new pets you can get:
    Petopia: New Pets

And as for starting over, don't feel too bad about abandoning the other characters. I am doing this Blackhand thing as a more casual, killing time sort of thing, and I am loving it. I still have my 70 shaman, 65 hunter and 63 rogue to work on on three different servers as well. I wouldn't see us raiding on Blackhand soon, if at all.

I might be an exception though, I love starting over as much as I can. I never really get bored of these starting areas and quests.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryPenguin View Post
    You'll have to get to at least level 61 to tame him, as the talent to do it is a 51 point talent. It's more gimmicky than anything.

And no, horse lady is always hotter than the night elves Especially now with my ponytail.

(oh dear God, I am sad)
    She is totally not hotter than Foofarina, but definitely hotter than Mizzy! ;P

About the router thingy, what do you think?
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ISTP

Here's a link to the new pets you can get:
    Petopia: New Pets
    Nuramoc!? Core Hounds!?

I'm... uhh... yah. I get so enthusiastic over such small thing

(10 hunters, 10 nuramocs... what a glorious sight that would be!)

And as for starting over, don't feel too bad about abandoning the other characters. I am doing this Blackhand thing as a more casual, killing time sort of thing, and I am loving it. I still have my 70 shaman, 65 hunter and 63 rogue to work on on three different servers as well. I wouldn't see us raiding on Blackhand soon, if at all.
    It's not the characters... its... I don't know. A sense of responsibility to those I have already put time into, worked on. I can't really explain the feeling It's like I have to give something up, and I don't know what it is.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Do you think it matters download speed wise if I redirect my routers or will it still take ages to get back online regardless?
    Sorry Jen, I missed this.

The router thing shouldn't really make a difference. The Blizzard downloader just sucks ass. I am trying to see if I can find a mirror for the patch somewhere else that would be faster. If I find it I will post it up for you.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    It's not the characters... its... I don't know. A sense of responsibility to those I have already put time into, worked on. I can't really explain the feeling It's like I have to give something up, and I don't know what it is.
    Oh believe me, I get that too. Just think of it as adding to it, cause you will feel just as much responsibility to this new toon as well once you put some time into it.

MBTI
    ISTP

Oh believe me, I get that too. Just think of it as adding to it, cause you will feel just as much responsibility to this new toon as well once you put some time into it.
    You're right, of course.

Alright, I'll do it :P But it'll probably be as a priest, which means I won't be soloing if I can help it

MBTI
    ISTP

Sorry Jen, I missed this.

The router thing shouldn't really make a difference. The Blizzard downloader just sucks ass. I am trying to see if I can find a mirror for the patch somewhere else that would be faster. If I find it I will post it up for you.
    You can probably tell if the router is holding you back - if you have a green light and it says "no problems detected", the peer sharing is working and you'll just have to be patient

It not, then it will speed things up.

re: Trial accounts - I remember something about this patch interfering with trial accounts, but I can't find it now... maybe I just imagined it, but... Expansion patches are a week-long issue, for sure.