User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 83

  1. #31
    Member Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    The range of the singer (octaves), although that doesn't always matter in pop music.
    The vocal texture may change depending on the language but you're saying that the range changes as well? I don't know if it does or not but I would guess that it doesn't. If it does then how is this done?

  2. #32
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    The vocal texture may change depending on the language but you're saying that the range changes as well? I don't know if it does or not but I would guess that it doesn't. If it does then how is this done?
    Oh, no, that's not what I meant. All I was saying was that lyrics in a foreign language help me to listen better to the vocals because I'm not distracted by the words. And it therefore helps me notice both the texture of the vocal and the range more so than I would have if the lyrics were in English.

    I didn't mean that the language had any actual effect on the range. Oops, must have phrased my comment wrong. But yeah, I can see how the vocal texture may be changed because of the language, but definitely not the range.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  3. #33
    Member Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Oh, no, that's not what I meant. All I was saying was that lyrics in a foreign language help me to listen better to the vocals because I'm not distracted by the words. And it therefore helps me notice both the texture of the vocal and the range more so than I would have if the lyrics were in English.

    I didn't mean that the language had any actual effect on the range. Oops, must have phrased my comment wrong. But yeah, I can see how the vocal texture may be changed because of the language, but definitely not the range.

    This makes me wonder about the other sounds we have yet to create and what impact they will have on us (given your comment that another language - which is another sound - can help you understand texture and range better). There is an infinite number of sounds given the endless combinations that can be made and maybe one specific combination will have such an impact on us as to change the way we process our thoughts. I guess physics would deny this by stating that we know the limits of what is audible (and everything in between) and that there is no such sound that could achieve this.

  4. #34
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    the chorus of made of stone by the stone roses

    Sometimes IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
    Fantasiiiiiiiiiiiiiize
    When the streets are cold and lonely
    And the cars they burn below me
    Don't these tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimes
    Fill your eyeeeeeeeeeeees
    When the streets are cold and lonely
    And the cars they burn below me
    Are you all alooooone?
    Are you made of stone?



    The verses are fun to sing too.

  5. #35
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Anything by William Shatner.

    Get out of my head, goddammit!

  6. #36
    violaine
    Guest

    Default

    ^Hah, yeah I'd like to hear him do "Closer" by NIN

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    ^Hah, yeah I'd like to hear him do "Closer" by NIN
    Ewwwww. I can barely stomach the original version. It's one of my least favorite NIN songs, yet I'm sure I've heard it ten times more than any other due to POPULARITY.

  8. #38
    violaine
    Guest

    Default

    ^I like paradox, which is why I would find it amusing if William Shatner did a version. EDIT: Not a big NIN fan at all...
    Last edited by violaine; 10-14-2008 at 09:49 AM.

  9. #39
    violaine
    Guest

    Default

    Father and Son by Cat Stevens. Affects me deeply. I particularly identify with the son's perspective.

    (Father)
    It's not time to make a change,
    Just relax, take it easy.
    You're still young, that's your fault,
    There's so much you have to know.
    Find a girl, settle down,
    If you want you can marry.
    Look at me, I am old, but I'm happy.

    I was once like you are now, and I know that its not easy,
    To be calm when you've found something going on.
    But take your time, think a lot,
    Why, think of everything you've got.
    For you will still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not.

    (Son)
    How can I try to explain, when I do he turns away again.
    It's always been the same, same old story.
    From the moment I could talk I was ordered to listen.
    Now there's a way and I know that I have to go away.
    I know I have to go.

    (Father)
    It's not time to make a change,
    Just sit down, take it slowly.
    You're still young, that's your fault,
    There's so much you have to go through.
    Find a girl, settle down,
    If you want you can marry.
    Look at me, I am old, but I'm happy.
    (son-- away away away, I know I have to
    Make this decision alone - no)

    (Son)
    All the times that I cried, keeping all the things I knew inside,
    It's hard, but it's harder to ignore it.
    If they were right, I'd agree, but it's them you know not me.
    Now there's a way and I know that I have to go away.
    I know I have to go.
    (father-- stay stay stay, why must you go and
    Make this decision alone? )

  10. #40
    Member Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    Father and Son by Cat Stevens. Affects me deeply. I particularly identify with the son's perspective.

    (Father)
    It's not time to make a change,
    Just relax, take it easy.
    You're still young, that's your fault,
    There's so much you have to know.
    Find a girl, settle down,
    If you want you can marry.
    Look at me, I am old, but I'm happy.

    I was once like you are now, and I know that its not easy,
    To be calm when you've found something going on.
    But take your time, think a lot,
    Why, think of everything you've got.
    For you will still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not.

    (Son)
    How can I try to explain, when I do he turns away again.
    It's always been the same, same old story.
    From the moment I could talk I was ordered to listen.
    Now there's a way and I know that I have to go away.
    I know I have to go.

    (Father)
    It's not time to make a change,
    Just sit down, take it slowly.
    You're still young, that's your fault,
    There's so much you have to go through.
    Find a girl, settle down,
    If you want you can marry.
    Look at me, I am old, but I'm happy.
    (son-- away away away, I know I have to
    Make this decision alone - no)

    (Son)
    All the times that I cried, keeping all the things I knew inside,
    It's hard, but it's harder to ignore it.
    If they were right, I'd agree, but it's them you know not me.
    Now there's a way and I know that I have to go away.
    I know I have to go.
    (father-- stay stay stay, why must you go and
    Make this decision alone? )
    I totally agree. This song is awesome. Check out this commercial, lol: YouTube - Father and Son (awww, Saatchi..)

Similar Threads

  1. Lyrics that fit...Right Now!
    By Littlelostnf in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 12-06-2016, 06:41 PM
  2. [NF] When someone won't leave you alone
    By Tiltyred in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 04:22 PM
  3. lyrics that won't leave me alone.
    By Jon in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 10:56 PM
  4. You call that a joke? - "Set Me Up" Edition
    By Quiesce in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 02:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO