User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Not that I don't agree with you to an extent, but dude, you certainly do make some strong claims. Normally I'd blame this on youth, but I'm guessing you were born in 1980, which makes you a year older than me.
    I don't believe in coddling people because it's politically correct to value all people's opinions and so on. People need to be resolute enough to admit when something is a detriment to society and not just, a difference of opinion. The shallow, vapid society that is being created by shows such as this, are a clear indication of a society in decline, that is why I compared it to Roman decline. I do know history, that was my major in college, so you can blame my "claims" on youth but I am saying something that has clear ties to how a society functions.
    Question everything especially yourself.

Opivy1980

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Opivy1980 View Post
    Parents who let their children see things like "Bratz" should be sterilized and have their children taken away from them. Things like that are the reason why US citizens are losing their status in the world. At least Rome killed prisoners for amusement, that at least thinned the population compared to the stupid slut society creating more people who in turn grow up to be stupid sluts and so on and so on.
    How I concur with your view. I have found a simple solution for the immigration infestation right here.

Do you not think we could apply this tactic to other circumstances?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    How I concur with your view. I have found a simple solution for the immigration infestation right here.

Do you not think we could apply this tactic to other circumstances?
    My idea for immigration is a 12 foot thick concrete wall, that is 15 feet in the ground, and about 15 ft high as well, with barb wire and land mines, and gun turrets on it. Then in one location a processing center like the one on Ellis Island during the industrial revolution. That way some immigration would still occur and yet most would be stopped instantly.

Opivy1980

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

My idea for immigration is a 12 foot thick concrete wall, that is 15 feet in the ground, and about 15 ft high as well, with barb wire and land mines, and gun turrets on it. Then in one location a processing center like the one on Ellis Island during the industrial revolution. That way some immigration would still occur and yet most would be stopped instantly.
    Wouldn't the land mines damage the wall when they went off?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Your brilliant ideas are making me jealous.

Oh, look, here's an immigrant trying to get over the wall!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Wouldn't the land mines damage the wall when they went off?
    They're further away from the wall the gun turrets are for close range. The wall wouldn't be exactly on the border but the land mines would. Like a 20 yard difference.

Opivy1980

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

I don't believe in coddling people because it's politically correct to value all people's opinions and so on. People need to be resolute enough to admit when something is a detriment to society and not just, a difference of opinion. The shallow, vapid society that is being created by shows such as this, are a clear indication of a society in decline, that is why I compared it to Roman decline. I do know history, that was my major in college, so you can blame my "claims" on youth but I am saying something that has clear ties to how a society functions.
    I don't believe in coddling people either. I just think that extreme views are not only fucking scary as shit, but also usually wrong (I am leaving "wrong" intentionally open to interpretation). You have some crazy extraverted feeling going on there.

The comparison of Rome and America's declines is not exactly a new idea--which is not to say it is an incorrect idea... it's just not *your* idea. Sure, I think we're in a decline. I don't approve of Bratz movies or Paris Hilton being a role model for young girls. I also don't think that it would improve our country's moral fiber to institute any kind of eugenics program. (I also think that we're losing status in the world because of shit like, oh, I don't fucking know, saying 'fuck you' to the UN, that sort of thing. Not that I'm trying to start a political conversation, or anything... I'm just saying that there are some things that are worse than vapid TV for little girls that might be more rapidly and steadily leading to the United States' doom.)
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    type

Yeah--vapid TV for adults is much worse.

Like Oprah, for instance. And that "The Secret" nonsense.

Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Well, the more idiots we have in this country, the closer I am to starting my own little Fourth Reich!

MBTI
    type

Meh.

What's your Ahnenpass look like?
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.