First 34567 Last

MBTI
    InFp
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    Tech played well (and the crowd was *really* into it - looked like a fun place to be if you're a Tech fan)
    It was insane. I had to keep reminding everyone around me that there still was another half to play. Both offenses didn't play as well as they should have, though. Tech could not move the ball in the red zone at all while Texas only moved the ball late in the game. Tech outplayed Texas, end of story. But that's the problem with trading field goals for touchdowns. Honestly, I'd be so pissed if Texas won, because we should have put the game away much earlier.

Also, Texas' punter kicks like a damn girl. THAT was irritating as hell.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

10-0 BABY.

Gonna be a long two weeks waiting for that OU game.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENTP

No SEC love in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiver View Post
    No SEC love in this thread?
    But everyone not from an SEC school hates the SEC.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

I think Alabama is overrated and Texas Tech is the real deal this year.

The Red Raiders still have one tough game to go, while the Crimson Tide has a couple of patsies.

It will be hilarious to see the two in the BCS championship, if it happens.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I think Alabama is overrated and Texas Tech is the real deal this year.

The Red Raiders still have one tough game to go, while the Crimson Tide has a couple of patsies.

It will be hilarious to see the two in the BCS championship, if it happens.
    I actually expect both of them to lose, tell you the truth. If both of them do win out, and they play each other in the championship game, I'd have to favor Tech. Tech is a great team... but I don't think they go into Norman and win, the way Oklahoma's been crushing everyone right and left lately (granted, not teams as good as Tech, but I wouldn't pick *anyone* to go to Norman and win now). If the game were in Lubbock I'd call it a toss-up (Tech was very impressive beating Oklahoma State). But not in Norman. Alabama is a very good team... a very good team that I think will lose to Florida in the SEC championship. I think the championship game will be:

Texas Tech/Oklahoma/Texas (whoever comes out on top, tiebreaker-wise, obviously Tech is on top if they beat Oklahoma)

vs.

Florida

I've got no clue who to pick as the winner of that game. Sentimentally, I'd pick Texas, but not confidently. USC's the only other team I'd give a good chance to beat any of those 4 on the field, but they won't get that chance - at least not in the championship game.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I know Mizzou hasn't lived up to expectations, but should they play Tech in the Big 12 Championship, don't just assume the Raiders are going to win. Mizzou has OWNED Texas Tech the last few times they've played. Mizzou just seems to be a bad matchup for Tech.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I know Mizzou hasn't lived up to expectations, but should they play Tech in the Big 12 Championship, don't just assume the Raiders are going to win. Mizzou has OWNED Texas Tech the last few times they've played. Mizzou just seems to be a bad matchup for Tech.
    Hmm, that's true - they have done well against Tech lately. Given that matchup, I'd *like* to see Mizzou win, too. Mizzou has another advantage... the conference championship is in KC this year, and although I'm sure a lot of Tech/Texas/Oklahoma fans would come, KC's just a couple of hours from Columbia - not quite but almost a home game.

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    Texas Tech/Oklahoma/Texas (whoever comes out on top, tiebreaker-wise, obviously Tech is on top if they beat Oklahoma)

vs.

Florida

I've got no clue who to pick as the winner of that game. Sentimentally, I'd pick Texas, but not confidently. USC's the only other team I'd give a good chance to beat any of those 4 on the field, but they won't get that chance - at least not in the championship game.
    I agree with your analysis. And I think USC would beat Tech, Oklahoma, and Texas. They're just KILLING people. Florida is red hot, maybe not them.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    IsTP

Watching all the big-confrence action really makes me pissed off that my hometown team (BSU) is in the WAC. Jesus the WAC sucks. The only moment of glory we had was when we took it to Oregon's house. Now we have to sit, wait out the last couple of absurdly easy matchups we got and cross our fingers for a generous BCS Bowl matchup. :steam: