First 12345 Last

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

And I wouldn't be surprised at all if Missouri goes into Austin next week and beats the Horns. This is what I love about college football, and the Big 12. It's exciting, you don't know what's gonna happen.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Yes. I begrudgingly admit the Big 12 is a very strong conference this year.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Elsewhere, Georgia Tech beat Gardner Webb (who?) 10-7.

Just another crazy day in college football.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    InFp
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post

45-35!

It *was* a very good game, but I admit I'd not be so happy about that had OU won... but... they didn't .
    Let me rephrase that. Its not so much the fans that irritate me, but rather all the local radio stations and the Austin American Statesman that really make me cringe. I mean, c'mon, UT is not always the best team in the country. Its just absurd how much they consistently overrate UT in the Austin area. Its just so arrogant. /rant.

To be honest, I liked UT before I moved to Austin. Since then, perhaps one of my least favorite Big 12 teams.

@Jeffster: Exactly my reaction as well.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Wow, what a day. What are we looking at with the next polls? Does Alabama go to #1, even though they didn't play? Or Texas? Penn St. up to #3?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    InFp
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Wow, what a day. What are we looking at with the next polls? Does Alabama go to #1, even though they didn't play? Or Texas? Penn St. up to #3?
    I imagine it'd be somewhat similar to this:

1) Alabama
    2) Texas
    3) Penn State
    4) Oklahoma
    5) USC
    6) Texas Tech
    7) Florida
    8) BYU
    9) Oklahoma St.
    10) Missouri (Maybe LSU)

Shit this is tough. Its hard trying to guess how they're going to vote, Texas and Alabama may switch. I don't think Oklahoma will fall too far, but may fall farther than I put. And as much as I hate to say it, Tech may actually move backwards in the polls. USC had 5 turnovers, but still won 28-0, which in my opinion actually helps them. BYU may move up more.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    And I wouldn't be surprised at all if Missouri goes into Austin next week and beats the Horns. This is what I love about college football, and the Big 12. It's exciting, you don't know what's gonna happen.
    If they play anything like they did last night...beating themselves...they've got no chance.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Genesis View Post
    Let me rephrase that. Its not so much the fans that irritate me, but rather all the local radio stations and the Austin American Statesman that really make me cringe. I mean, c'mon, UT is not always the best team in the country. Its just absurd how much they consistently overrate UT in the Austin area. Its just so arrogant. /rant.
    Yeah, I could believe that. UT is consistently good, and *among* the best teams in the country, but for most of recent (15-20 years, anyway) history, there have been other teams that have been *better* - both in an individual year (except 2005) and over time. Teams like Florida, Oklahoma, USC, Nebraska, etc.

I don't live in Austin, so I don't see all of that stuff. My fan-hood comes from when I did live there (until I was 9), when both of my parents went to school there.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Genesis View Post
    I imagine it'd be somewhat similar to this:

1) Alabama
    2) Texas
    3) Penn State
    4) Oklahoma
    5) USC
    6) Texas Tech
    7) Florida
    8) BYU
    9) Oklahoma St.
    10) Missouri (Maybe LSU)

Shit this is tough. Its hard trying to guess how they're going to vote, Texas and Alabama may switch. I don't think Oklahoma will fall too far, but may fall farther than I put. And as much as I hate to say it, Tech may actually move backwards in the polls. USC had 5 turnovers, but still won 28-0, which in my opinion actually helps them. BYU may move up more.
    That seems pretty reasonable to me - Oklahoma State clearly should be above Mizzou now (much as I hate to say it). Tech could easily slip beneath Florida, at least. Florida made a very good LSU team look bad, and Tech barely hung on to beat a pretty mediocre Nebraska team. I wouldn't be surprised to see your list pretty much as-is, except with Tech in between Oklahoma State and Mizzou. As much as I hate to say it, after watching Florida (sort of) last night, I can't say I'd put anyone as a favorite to beat them on the field. I'd love to see them play Alabama, Texas, Penn State, USC, or Oklahoma, though.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

This week's AP Top 25:

1. Texas (39) 6-0 1,599
    2. Alabama (26) 6-0 1,582
    3. Penn State 7-0 1,492
    4. Oklahoma 5-1 1,306
    5. Florida 5-1 1,284
    6. USC 4-1 1,247
    7. Texas Tech 6-0 1,210
    8. Oklahoma State 6-0 1,184
    9. Brigham Young 6-0 1,131
    10. Georgia 5-1 1,081
    11. Missouri 5-1 984
    12. Ohio State 6-1 908
    13. LSU 4-1 893
    14. Utah 7-0 834
    15. Boise State 5-0 714
    16. Kansas 5-1 620
    17. Virginia Tech 5-1 540
    18. North Carolina 5-1 416
    19. South Florida 5-1 397
    20. Michigan State 6-1 371
    21. Wake Forest 4-1 330
    22. Vanderbilt 5-1 258
    23. Pittsburgh 4-1 182
    24. Ball State 7-0 166
    25. California 4-1 115

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I'm still pissed about that game. Daniel overthrew 3 or 4 receivers that game, something he almost never does. And Danario Alexander...fuck...that ball that bounced out of his hands, into the hands of OSU, that was a game changer.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."