• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Metal music for a beginner?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
This is just my kind of thread. Where are you at so far in your metal journey [MENTION=33651]Red Ribbon[/MENTION] ? Huge metal fan here, and interested in helping with recommendations once I see what you've been listening to and what you enjoy.

This is more on the extreme side of the spectrum, but The Black Dahlia Murder just put out a new album today and it's REALLY good. That hard riff + the epic guitar solo makes this track the wet dream that it is.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think Myrkur would be a good accessible choice for someone getting into metal because she has some lyrical intros and sections to her music and she dances around all pretty in her videos.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Some of my favorite beginner-friendly stuff - going off of OP's appreciation for Metallica and extrapolating an interest in Black Sabbath and their ilk:

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
Beginner... I'd say; a mix between 'screaming' and singing (I don't know any musical terms, excuse me). Though I in general prefer those kind of metal songs. The real constant screaming songs are something I had to get used, I still don't enjoy many of those songs (since I simply can't understand what they are screaming).

(Watch your volume... ;) )

16 year old me enjoyed the Sempiternal album of Bring Me The Horizon. BMTH basically introduced me to metal. I forced myself to like "Don't go", it worked- I stayed.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ [MENTION=39622]ThisName[/MENTION] Beartooth RULES omg. One of my faves!

yeghor

There's a good chance that people who are into black/death metal to the exclusion of other genres are xSTPs because the genre revolves around themes of death and destruction.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
There's a good chance that people who are into black/death metal to the exclusion of other genres are xSTPs because the genre revolves around themes of death and destruction.
What do death and destruction have to do with Ti+Se?

Death and destruction relate to evil.

This is ultimately why black metal must be overcome.

yeghor

What do death and destruction have to do with Ti+Se?

Death and destruction relate to evil.

This is ultimately why black metal must be overcome.
What we call evil is the unregulated predatory primal behaviour exhibited by animals, such as attacking, killing and eating one another.

In time, human society developed rituals and codes and religions to prevent such behaviour and minimize conflict so that the collective/tribe can stand strong against outside threats. They then labelled such behaviour as evil/sin/crime.

The types who are closer to the animal state and who have the weakest empathy and who therefore are closer to evil are Se-doms Se-types with low F.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
@yeghor probably both, but there's no need to understand black metal.

Know though that it relates to Satanism, which is the following of one particular evil god.

If any function is closest to evil, it would be Te. Look at the state that enterprise has left our planet in.

But I prefer not to mix good and evil too much with the types. Fi is more likely to be good, but Fi can be as evil as any function.

Evil relates a lot to destruction, but that is for any type.

Try: evil is wrong, so let's be good

yeghor

@yeghor probably both, but there's no need to understand black metal.

Know though that it relates to Satanism, which is the following of one particular evil god.

If any function is closest to evil, it would be Te. Look at the state that enterprise has left our planet in.

But I prefer not to mix good and evil too much with the types. Fi is more likely to be good, but Fi can be as evil as any function.

Evil relates a lot to destruction, but that is for any type.

Try: evil is wrong, so let's be good
Still, I believe death/black/doom metal genre is an expression of the xSTP mindset. Such as this:

1659592729131.png
1659592789497.png

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
That's ESFP.

Extreme metal is one of the more iNtuitive genres.

yeghor

I used to listen to extreme metal.

Know this: it fails because it praises the darkside. Cult mentality of evil deity need be ended, nay born anew, for there lies blessing's curse.
I can't tell if you are serious or just trolling me.