• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Just a webnovel.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know I'm more of a lurker these days, but...

*Initiate shameless plug*

So if you put Ki, from the concept of chinese culture and asha from sanskrit meaning "wish, desire, hope, awesome, expectation, prospect, success" together, then you get the protagonist from my webnovel, Kiasha.

A blind hero(ine?) that sees more than we could ever imagine. (Lol, I made it sound way more awesome than it really is.)

So, I've started writing a novel again, this one I promise to finish however. I've also felt for the first time that I've found a good balance between everything I want in a lighthearted adventure novel put together.

It's R-15 and on the light side. A reincarnation into another world adventure that tries to stay away from the many tropes that riddle that genre and more on realism.

Will everything go Kiasha's way? Probably not.

After a quick introduction, the story takes off in chapter 3.

Life in Thar'al | RoyalRoadL

Would love to know what you think of the story. Any criticism is welcome!

*end shameless plug*

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The urge to write a web novel has been welling up inside me too. I feel more motivated to commit words to the page when I have an immediate audience, so it would speed up the process and produce better results. But doing so would also make it difficult to publish the novel in a traditional, possibly lucrative fashion. So I have a dilemma. I figure what I might do is publish a rough form on the web piece by piece, and then publish a revised and illustrated version of it later on.

Anyway, you should tell us more about your web novel. Your original post doesn't say enough for me to decide whether I should be interested or not.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The urge to write a web novel has been welling up inside me too. I feel more motivated to commit words to the page when I have an immediate audience, so it would speed up the process and produce better results. But doing so would also make it difficult to publish the novel in a traditional, possibly lucrative fashion. So I have a dilemma. I figure what I might do is publish a rough form on the web piece by piece, and then publish a revised and illustrated version of it later on.

Anyway, you should tell us more about your web novel. Your original post doesn't say enough for me to decide whether I should be interested or not.

Well, I'm not too concerned with publishing anything, although the royalroad legends site is quite active it seems as my story already has over 60 followers in a couple of days so that is quite nice.

Maybe a good idea is to first finish a succesful web novel once and then think about making works to publish.

Without spoiling too much, the story follows the adventures of the protagonist. A male human earthling reincarnated in an artificial 'failed' creation with help of the mysterious beings that made that universe.

He however found himself reincarnated into a female body and a blind one at that.

The story follows, now her, around. As she is eager to experience the world. How will she deal with her situation, and what troubles will come on her path?

The protagonist is a skillful martial artist and is very capable of mana manipulation due to mana sight training. She is couragious and smart and still has a little bit of machismo about her as well, despite being a fifteen year old girl. However, she is still very human. Will things go her way? Probably not. ;)

It's not going to be a yuri novel or anything like that. It seems that has some people concerned, but I have no intention of taking my novel in that direction.

Unlike japanese novels, where such premises can only lead to one conclusion. I wanted to make a story that isn't going to adhere to all the tropes like a puppy and focus on a more natural flow of the story. The story goes exactly where I want it to go. :)

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No offense, but I would advise you to study comma usage. There are lots of places where you leave commas out, and it makes it harder to understand what you're saying.

Have you ever fantasized about gender swapping? A lot of people, myself not included, do that.

What do you know about the martial arts? You had better know a great deal about them if you plan to portray them in your novel.

How long did it take you to plan this story? You are following a plan, I hope..

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No offense, but I would advise you to study comma usage. There are lots of places where you leave commas out, and it makes it harder to understand what you're saying. Have you ever fantasized about gender swapping? A lot of people, myself not included, do that. What do you know about the martial arts? You had better know a great deal about them if you plan to portray them in your novel. How long did it take you to plan this story? You are following a plan, I hope..
I think I know proper comma use but probably completely missed it while proofreading on account of knowing the sentence before reading it. Thanks so much though, Ill pay extra attention to it from now on. It might be a good idea to find myself a proofreader. ;)
I dont fantasize about it myself, but I like protagonists with unusual struggles.
I know more about real swordfighting then I care to admit. There doesnt exist a hollywood movie or book that portrays it authentically, because it would be shit.
However I do try to be as close to it as possible by leaving a lot of the fights to readers imagination. To begin with, if Id describe every moment of every fight, fights would last ten times as long with 80 percent of boring stuff. It would utterly destroy the flow of the story. Im on my phone right now while traveling, but Id love to discuss it at length if youre interested. Ill leave it at this for now.

I planned out quite a bit in big lines, although I might alter it at any moment. Also the mana system, mcs manasight and such ive very precisely defined. But as its.something not even Kiasha understands I want to keep it from being known. I am thinking about doing a chapter to better explain kiashas sight from her point of view and mention some of its advantages and disadvantages. As some readers have been concerned about that. I kinda want to be as vague about it as possible until the moment it becomes relevant though. Not sure how to approach this well.

main baddy is planned as well but there are some miniboss arcs first.

Dont mind the grammer in this post. Writing on phone sucks.