User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Chicago Cubs

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Default Chicago Cubs

For the good of all mankind, it's vitally important that the Cubs do not win the World Series. Thankfully, the Dodgers are doing their job, so far.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    XNXP

You prefer the Sox ?
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think it would be cool to see the Cubs finally win. It would certainly be better than the Red Sox again.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    XNXP

What about the White Sox ?

* Does obligatory "Hurray for my city" dance and flag/logo wave. "Whooo" etc. *
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I'm from St. Louis.

Cubs lose. One down, two to go!
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    For the good of all mankind, it's vitally important that the Cubs do not win the World Series. Thankfully, the Dodgers are doing their job, so far.
    Seconded! As a Phillies fan living in Los Angeles, I would like the Dodgers to win so that I could potentially attend an NLCS game. (On the same note...go Angels!)
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I have a fantasy where I go to Wrigley field dressed like Bartman and sit in the left field seats, right along the edge of the field. At a critical point in the game, I reach out and snatch a ball from the grasp of the Cubs left fielder. The crowd boos, then threatens. I tear open my shirt, revealing a Cardinals jersey and I'm torn apart by hundreds of angry Cubs fans.

[YOUTUBE="EUIFE6WISY8"]Steve Bartman Incident[/YOUTUBE]

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Just because a Cubs victory may very well indicate the coming end of the world doesn't mean that I'm any less excited about thier success this season *knocks on wood*
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESFJ

I am going to Game 2 of Phillies-Brewers tonight. I am very pumped. It will be entertaining win or lose, because Brett Myers will either dominate like Hamels did in Game 1. . . or he will have an epic meltdown. I hope for Mrs. Myers' sake, he gets the W.

Dodgers: keep it up! Phillies-Dodgers is the NLCS I was hoping for.

P.S. Brett Myers wifebeating joke: hilarious or too much?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Just because a Cubs victory may very well indicate the coming end of the world doesn't mean that I'm any less excited about thier success this season *knocks on wood*
    before this I didn't care who won. But if it means the end of the world and then I don't ever have to be a productive member of society...Go Cubs!!
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so