Thread: Chicago Cubs

MBTI
    InFp
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Phillies are already up 2-0 in the NLCS. Who wants a piece???
    Is it any surprise? Both teams swept the other at home in the regular season.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Genesis View Post
    Is it any surprise? Both teams swept the other at home in the regular season.
    I doubt that continues. I think the Phils take at least one in L.A.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    InFp
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

I doubt that continues. I think the Phils take at least one in L.A.
    I'd certainly be surprised if that happened, but then again I'm a dodgers fan.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I'd certainly be surprised if that happened, but then again I'm a dodgers fan.
    You'd be surprised that a team who is 2-0 in a playoff series wins 1 or more of the next 3 games in it? You must not be a gambler. The Phillies should be favored in Game 5, when Hamels should be pitching again. Also, the Phillies were the best team in the league on the road this season.

MBTI
    INTP

Somehow I think Moyer is going to be ABUSED by Manny and the Dodgers offense.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    InFp
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

You'd be surprised that a team who is 2-0 in a playoff series wins 1 or more of the next 3 games in it? You must not be a gambler. The Phillies should be favored in Game 5, when Hamels should be pitching again.

I'm not. When discussing future events or implications, I tend to be wrong. Again, I'm a Dodgers fan. I don't want them losing, especially at home.

Also, the Phillies were the best team in the league on the road this season.
    0-4 at Dodger Stadium. Granted, its a different situation, but still.

MBTI
    ISTx

Cubs over Red Sox, yes please. Cubs over Yankees, yes please. Dodgers over anyone.... No thanks.

MBTI
    ESFJ

0-4 at Dodger Stadium. Granted, its a different situation, but still.

Absolutely no bearing on this series. They play 162 games in a baseball season. Weird things are bound to happen. Jamie Moyer has never lost to the Marlins; there is no real rhyme or reason why not. Besides, if the home team wins every game in this series, the Phillies advance.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    Somehow I think Moyer is going to be ABUSED by Manny and the Dodgers offense.
    Besides Ramirez and Loney, what is this "Dodgers offense" of which you speak?

Moyer was 16-7 this year with a 3.71 ERA. Yet everyone still seems to think that because he's old, they're going to beat up on him.

Dodger fans seem to think that the team that went on a tear in September is the "real Dodgers" instead of the team that struggled to go .500 for the first five months of the season (including a good stretch of time AFTER the Manny trade). I am a Phillies fan, but I live in LA and have watched the Dodgers all season. The truth is that both teams are the "real Dodgers"...they are what they are...a streaky team that got hot at the end of the season. Supporting your team is different than having unrealistic expectations for your team. Can they win? Sure. Is it likely? Certainly not. Of the nine teams that have fallen behind 2-0 in a seven game NLCS, only one recovered to win the series.

Kuroda seems to have the Phils' number, so my guess is that the Dodgers will win Game 3, the Phils and Blanton take Game 4 with Lowe on short rest, and then Hamels finishes them off in Game 5 against a shellshocked Billingsley.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari