User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Chicago Cubs

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Just because a Cubs victory may very well indicate the coming end of the world doesn't mean that I'm any less excited about thier success this season *knocks on wood*
    I suppose you're right. Winning the division is a major accomplishment for that organization.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm still pissed off about the 2003 season

I think that it's about time that dedicated Cubs fans get thrown a bone!

FUCK OFF AND DIE STEVE BARTMAN!!!!!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESFJ

I'm still pissed off about the 2003 season

I think that it's about time that dedicated Cubs fans get thrown a bone!

FUCK OFF AND DIE STEVE BARTMAN!!!!!
    I find it bitterly hilarious when a non-Philadelphian complains that his or her city never gets a break sports-wise.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I beleive that the Cubs fans have the right to whine- we have the longest dry spell in all of professional sports

Seriously- they've more than regained thier sports second virginity!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Cubs fans do have a right to whine. Their tears feed my soul.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

damn you Cardinals fans.... you're all evil, I should know. My sis betrayed the family's Cubs fandom and followed her man into the Cardinals camp

MBTI
    ESFJ

I beleive that the Cubs fans have the right to whine- we have the longest dry spell in all of professional sports

Seriously- they've more than regained thier sports second virginity!
    At least you've had the Bulls and Bears in the last 25 years. There hasn't been a world championship in the four major team sports in Philadelphia since I was 9 months old. I want a freaking parade.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    At least you've had the Bulls and Bears in the last 25 years. There hasn't been a world championship in the four major team sports in Philadelphia since I was 9 months old. I want a freaking parade.
    Basketball sucks, and I have the misfortune of being surrounded by Colts fans, who rub in the Super Bowl victory whenever they get a chance... and don't even MENTION that the Sox got a win a while back :steam:

I think it's definitley about time for the Cubs to win!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

damn you Cardinals fans.... you're all evil, I should know. My sis betrayed the family's Cubs fandom and followed her man into the Cardinals camp
    I actually hope the Cubs win a few games this postseason. I'm hoping they come within a strike of making it to the World Series before blowing it in typical Cubs fashion. Perhaps it could be another Bartman. Maybe a black cat will run out on the to the field. Maybe they'll just choke.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I actually hope the Cubs win a few games this postseason. I'm hoping they come within a strike of making it to the World Series before blowing it in typical Cubs fashion. Perhaps it could be another Bartman. Maybe a black cat will run out on the to the field. Maybe they'll just choke.
    you are a .... horrible... person! I'll be inhabiting the drunk thread for a week to make up for having my soul crushed if that happens!