User Tag List

First 8910

Thread: Chicago Cubs

MBTI
    enfp

a lot of dodger fans would rather see the giants win over the red sox

congrats philly fans.

if u guys play the red sox in the world series, will be rooting for u guys. FCK BOSTON!

MBTI
    INTP

What the fuck!!

Dude I was so pissed. I was sitting at my friends(yankee fan) house and we were chilling drinking and watching the game, after like 3 innings when it was like 5-0 I was like fuck this , proceeded to kill some shots and smoke a cig. I eventually ended up hanging out with a couple of old friends and killed another blunt, so I was pretty out of it but my friend still kept needling me putting the game on the radio( Jon miller and Morgan didn't give the score for like 5 min) so I'm sitting there like fuck this they lost give it up.

Right as we were all about to go home at like 1 o clock my friends like so the Redsox get eliminated yet?

"the Rays...Man their like one of those destined teams, you see the way their hitting, no one could beat them this year...." and I'm just like we'll see... the phillies are a tough team, you never know they can hit too, myers and hamels have to step up though, and they better not fucking pitch moyer(yes I got my shot in)

So I get home like "fuck do I wanna look at the score before I go to bed and be pissed or just wait till tommorow and hear it all day" log on to mlb.com see the headline came back from 7 runs I was like WTF. I just texted him like "FUCK ME!!". I'm almost pissed that I missed that game but theres no way I could stayed with it, I definitely don't have the intestinal fortitude.

Shit. Drew again, damn whats all this shit that dodgers and phillies fans would say about him not having heart. Three times hes had key homeruns in the post season. Christ, its funny how almost no redsox fan is mentioning his contract anymore. It's a testament to how hes seemed to really go beserk right when it was most needed( Carmona in game 6, Ortiz out in June, K-rod in the 9th, Yesterday from the 7th on) dude knows how to get PAID.

Enough of that little rant though.

Did you all hear Mannys gem of a quote "I'm gonna go home and wait for the highest bidder, gas is up so is Manny"

Hahah there is Manny being Manny dodgers fan. Hope you enjoyed the 400 ba and 17 hr he hit. Lol have fun with that personality.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    ESFJ

No ever said that J.D. Drew didn't have heart. He is just an asshole for what he did to the Phillies after he was drafted. That Red Sox team doesn't die; you have to kill them, and the Rays didn't kill them last night.

As for Moyer, I am pretty certain he will be the #4 starter for the Series, so he will only have to pitch once.

Hamels
    Myers
    Blanton
    Moyer

And then a reassessment, depending upon where we're at then. Hopefully, it will be Phils up 3-1, as I will have tickets for Game 5, and I'd love to see Hamels close out the Series.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I'll say it right here...JD Drew has no heart. The guy takes himself out of the lineup over a hangnail.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ESFJ

Correction: one person has said J.D. Drew has no heart.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTP

^ I just think he has a legitimately fragile body. You can only get pissed off to a certain extent, but really what is there for you to do when your body is liable to creek and sputter in little or long(months) intervals. I think its a shame because when he's healthy and in the zone he really is a pretty special player, granted one that can't be relied on to be a focal point because hes injured so frequently.

I think Boston was a good fit for him, LA was a decent fit as well(he was under appreciated there), He really is ridiculously laid back and calm though. Did you see the post game...fuck I was 10x more pumped and less composed, you'd think he only just drew an important walk in a little league game or something.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    No ever said that J.D. Drew didn't have heart. He is just an asshole for what he did to the Phillies after he was drafted.
    Correction. Scott Boras is an extreme douche. I actually was just talking to my friend about how difficult and ridiculous it is to deal with him(Yankee fan, Texiera, thinks they can get everyone) and I was saying that you have to be willing to invest an absurd amount of time with each and everyone of his clients and it's extremely draining and affects everything you plan to do with your team.

We'll definitely see the effect with Manny, Texeira, CC(I think Boras might have him), and who ever else is lucky/unfortunate to have him represent them. Not to mention all the draft picks he fucks with, and all the legal loopholes he gets through(arbitration), think of Utley, Victorino, Howard, Hamels and how much more difficult it woulda been to deal with them had they got a guaranteed big league contract like Drew and other big league players he represented.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Correction: one person has said J.D. Drew has no heart.
    I take it you haven't spoken to many Cardinals or Braves fans about him.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I take it you haven't spoken to many Cardinals or Braves fans about him.
    I think the cardinals got the brunt of it. The braves should be kissing his ass, he absolutely was integral to them that season, they would have a much different stance on him if he resigned with them. He got his season cut short in his first year with the dodgers because a pitcher hit him in the wrist and shattered it( I think I later heard it was on purpose), but thats the type of thing that you can't really blame him to much on. With the cards though it really was another story. I can totally understand their anger and hate with him, because he really can be a captivating player to watch when he's on. Its just hes injured or nicked here and there ALL the fucking time.