• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

W

Will you go see W?

• Yup

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • I too have a monkey brain.

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Probably. But only because there aren't any other interesting looking movies in theaters now.

6sticks

MBTI Type
istp
The plot doesn't seem very realistic... I mean, how would someone like that get elected? I hear there's action in it though so yeah, probably.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Seriously, though, it could be good if it's neither overly broad nor a Stone conspiracy-a-thon. It's got a great cast, that's for sure.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
He makes decent to mediocre movies, though I never really liked his work.... but he does exploit and exaggerate political and social issues for cinematic effect and get facts wrong in the process.

At least he's not pumping out chick flicks and brain dead comedies like everyone other movie maker.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Seriously, though, it could be good if it's neither overly broad nor a Stone conspiracy-a-thon. It's got a great cast, that's for sure.

Agreed. But despite his er..."creative" efforts at historical drama, I usually find his movies very entertaining. On pure filmmaking skill and talent, very few match Stone. Despite being a factual car crash, JFK is in my top 20 favorite movies ever. I'll probably see it and just keep reminding myself that as in Michael Moore films, the director has no more credibility than the subject.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
i dont know. this smells an awful lot like anti-bush fodder, and if i hadnt already had my fill of that already id just go to starbucks

BOOOOORRRRRRRRIIIIIINGGGGG </edahn>

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Agreed. But despite his er..."creative" efforts at historical drama, I usually find his movies very entertaining. On pure filmmaking skill and talent, very few match Stone. Despite being a factual car crash, JFK is in my top 20 favorite movies ever. I'll probably see it and just keep reminding myself that as in Michael Moore films, the director has no more credibility than the subject.

Platoon, Wall Street, and JFK are all very good movies. Born on the Fourth of July, Nixon, and The Doors had their moments. Natural Born Killers (especially the director's cut) is a hoot, IMHO.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Platoon, Wall Street, and JFK are all very good movies. Born on the Fourth of July, Nixon, and The Doors had their moments. Natural Born Killers (especially the director's cut) is a hoot, IMHO.

I agree with this, except place JFK with the second batch.