• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

favorite album and song of each decade

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The song doesn't have to be from the album. Go back in time as far as you want.

'10s (so far):
Album - Once I Was an Eagle by Laura Marling
Song - I’m going to cheat here and put a four-way tie: “Decks Dark” by Radiohead, and “The Seer Returns”, “A Little God in My Hands”, and “Mother of the World”, all by Swans.

'00s:
Album - Vespertine by Bjork
Song - "Arpeggi/Weird Fishes" by Radiohead

'90s:
Album - In Utero by Nirvana
song - "All Neon Like" by Bjork

'80s:
Album - Hounds of Love by Kate Bush
Song - “Dazzle” by Siouxsie and the Banshees

'70s:
Album - Blue by Joni Mitchell
song - "Woodstock" by Joni Mitchell

'60s:
Album - cheating again: tie between The Beatles (The White Album) by The Beatles and I Put a Spell on You by Nina Simone
Song - "Feeling Good" by Nina Simone

Cool thread.

Favorite music lists are always super difficult for me to make because there's an incredible amount of great music out there, so only being able to pick a select few is torture lol. I'll give it a try though. Since there is only one option for each, I will pick the albums I never tire away from. I'll also pick a favorite song from the album instead of the entire decade to make it easier on myself.

'10s:
Album - This one's murky at the moment. I'll say so far Manipulator by Ty Segall.
Favorite song from the album - A tie between The Singer and Clocks.

'00s:
Album - Bravery, Repetition, and Noise by The Brian Jonestown Massacre
Favorite song from the album - Open Heart Surgery

'90s:
Album - Souvlaki by Slowdive
Favorite song from the album - A tie between 40 Days and Machine Gun.

'80s:
Album - The Stone Roses by The Stone Roses (kind of embarrassed to pick this, but the album is perfection imo)
Favorite song from the album - (Song for My) Sugar Spun Sister

'70s:
Album - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars by David Bowie (pretty basic for a Bowie album, but it's always been a top favorite of mine)
Favorite song from the album - A four-way tie between Five Years, Moonage Daydream, Soul Love, and Lady Stardust.

'60s:
Album - In the Court of the Crimson King by King Crimson
Favorite song from the album - The whole album. :D Okay, a tie between Epitaph and The Court of the Crimson King.