• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Favourite Movie/Book Trope?

Krys

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My personal favourites are

• Brutus-like reveal of the villain (LE GASP, they were my brother/bestfriend/mentor the whole time!)
  • Scary music during otherwise innocuous scene bc the killer is in the room
  • Superhero puts on famous costume for first time accompanied by theme music
  • Classic rag-tag group of misfits go on an adventure and become like family
  • hero becomes villain AND/OR villain becomes hero

Yours? :)

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I quite enjoy the cursed bloodline...
Taboos...
practical effects
anti heros...
crime noir
steampunk,cyberpunk, gothic punk, etc
More to come... Cool thread btdubs [MENTION=34509]Krys[/MENTION] ^_^

Krys

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
More to come... Cool thread btdubs @Krys ^_^

Thank you! :) Movie tropes are so much fun, I'm glad other people get a kick out of them.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I like it when villainous characters have an arc that redeems them into less villainous if not heroic characters.

I like the princess scream and faint pretty but otherwise useless objectified female trope.

And I like the INTJ villain undone by arrogance and overlooking a seemingly small but actually pivotal detail trope.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I enjoy warrior women, bad girl, amazon, etc tropes