• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (errors and confusions)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I got a chance to watch some telly last night, and as it turns out one of our zillions of stations (I don't actually live in England) was playing The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers directed by some Jackson person.

I didn't catch it from the beginning, and I didn't bother to rewind it on my Genie DVR (again, I don't live in England so that's why I have a Genie). I simply didn't bother as I had already watched this debacle some years past. I caught this movie at the part where King Théoden is being manipulated by Grima Wormtongue. Gandalf the Grey reveals himself as a reincarnated Gandalf the White, having flown through space for a number of millennia, it seems, only to arrive back at the place and time he started from.

Gandalf and party arrive at King Théoden's castle and the guards stupidly don't take the old wizard's magical staff before his audience with the king. Gandalf exorcises the bad wizard Saruman out of King Théoden's body, leading us to believe that King Théoden was actually being possessed by Saruman. Then why was it necessary for Grima Wormtongue to deceive the king?

Soon after, Grima Wormtongue is inexplicably kept alive instead of being executed by the angered king on the lame reason that enough death and destruction has been caused by Grima's influence. As a result of this incredible act of forebearance, Grima is enabled to travel to Saruman's tower and describe to him the defensive weakness of the castle that will soon be under assault by 10,000 evil Uruk-hai soldiers under command of the grand demon Sauron.

Anything to make the plot advance, it seems.

I did enjoy much of the poetic speech of characters such as Grima and King Théoden, but I found the realism of the backdrop to the movie to be a distraction. And that using 1950s movie back scenery (e.g., a painted set) would have had the effect of drawing more attention to the dialogue and less to the background due to its being so visually stunning. But that is an aesthetic point that has nothing to do with the plot of the movie itself, of course.

In the end, the heroes win the day, and we are treated with an ominous view of Sauron's kingdom in the background with Gandalf stating in the foreground that this battle was won but the battle for Middle-Earth is just beginning. It seems that there is always eerie red lightning blasting away amidst dark clouds far off in the distance over Sauron's kingdom, but when we finally arrive there in the third installment of this epic trilogy, the lightning storm is gone.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
During the battle against the uruk-hai, it was stated that the uruk-hai have a weakness in their armor at the neck for arrow shots. Immediately afterward, you see an uruk-hai falling from being hit center chest with an arrow.