User Tag List

12311 Last

Thread: I <3 80's music

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    593 sp/so

Default I <3 80's music

Post your favourite music from the 1980's all the way up to 1989. Your track's release date should slip into that range, be it an original or a cover.

May our memories of high school prom wash all over our bodies and souls, and may our material world shatter before the superior build quality of a better time.
    Likes Typh0n, Gentleman Jack liked this post

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    593 sp/so

I've been hooked on this song for the past few days:

I also liked this song and this one youtube comment sums up my feelings perfectly: "God I miss the 80's. The hair, the music, the movies, and so on. Come back 80's" COME BAAACK!

Likes Totenkindly, highlander, Novella liked this post

Retired

In challenge lies opportunity.

SpaceCadetGoldStarBrigade Population: 1's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. Douglas Adams

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation. Jim Hopper
    Likes diccs liked this post

Likes highlander, Neal Caffreynated liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

(it's just a remaster of their 80's release, same song

It's pretty funny, yesterday I was just listing to a bunch of 80's compilations so I could grab all the music I had missed in my normal playlists.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Population: 1, highlander, diccs, Floki liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by diccs View Post
    May our memories of high school prom wash all over our bodies and souls, and may our material world shatter before the superior build quality of a better time.
    Oh yeah, for kicks -- I was Prom Class of 1986.

This is the most bizarre song I remember from prom night. I can't say it's a favorite, but boy is it distinctive....

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Totenkindly View Post
    Oh yeah, for kicks -- I was Prom Class of 1986.

This is the most bizarre song I remember from prom night. I can't say it's a favorite, but boy is it distinctive....

Holy sheep dip! I had that one line 'I wanna be a cowboy and you can be my cow girl' stuck in my head the other night and couldn't for the life of me remember where it was from! Thanks! Haha. Only in the 80's.
    To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. Douglas Adams

Likes Totenkindly liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post
    Holy sheep dip! I had that one line 'I wanna be a cowboy and you can be my cow girl' stuck in my head the other night and couldn't for the life of me remember where it was from! Thanks! Haha. Only in the 80's.
    It's not the only crazy song, for example I could toss in Billy Ocean's "Get out of my dreams and into my car" (gag) or Baltimora's "Tarzan Boy". HAHAHA

(Or worst Lipsync/karaoke song ever, Starship's "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now")

.... gawd, I miss the 80's now. I mean, my parents always used to mourn over the 50's, but their music wasn't nearly as kitschy-cool as ours.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Totenkindly View Post
    It's not the only crazy song, for example I could toss in Billy Ocean's "Get out of my dreams and into my car" (gag) or Baltimora's "Tarzan Boy". HAHAHA

(Or worst Lipsync/karaoke song ever, Starship's "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now")

.... gawd, I miss the 80's now. I mean, my parents always used to mourn over the 50's, but their music wasn't nearly as kitschy-cool as ours.
    New Wave, Dark Wave, Synthpop, Ska, Punk, 80's Rockabilly. Shit yeah we had some good stuff for going from a kid into my teenage years!

Likes Totenkindly liked this post