• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Inhumans (ABC)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Man, I just don't know.

Do the Inhumans have enough inherent fan base to carry this, especially with Marvel fatigue seemingly on the rise? Perhaps if the series had something unique about it, but it scans as some kind of alternate dystopian society thing without a really clear sense of the characters (unless you happen to already know the comic). It's nice they've got Lockjaw, but that doesn't seem very impressive either at this stage. And freeing Ramsay Bolton... hoo boy.... maybe that's where Black Bolt's tongue got to.

I'm just feeling like this is going to be canceled after the first season. It looks like a low-production cost, low-impact effort.

Atomic Fiend

God I remember when these guys only appeared in Fantastic Four stories. Really everything else taken from Fantastic Fours story with some exceptions could do well on it's own, Galactus, Silver Surfer, the Skrulls, Black Panther looks like it's going to do very well, Dr. Doom is one of the best characters in Marvel history when done correctly. They got the inhumans...

I do want to say that IMAX cameras are self defeating when filming actors who all are doing shit at their jobs. No one wants a high definition shot of someone thinking about how this gig is gonna refinance their home.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
God I remember when these guys only appeared in Fantastic Four stories. Really everything else taken from Fantastic Fours story with some exceptions could do well on it's own, Galactus, Silver Surfer, the Skrulls, Black Panther looks like it's going to do very well, Dr. Doom is one of the best characters in Marvel history when done correctly. They got the inhumans...

I do want to say that IMAX cameras are self defeating when filming actors who all are doing shit at their jobs. No one wants a high definition shot of someone thinking about how this gig is gonna refinance their home.

All that stuff COULD be good... but the only one that might be realized is Black Panther. Everything else related to the FF has pretty much sucked over the years when attempted. This trailer was just lousy, except for maybe touting Maximus... but it's not even clear to non-readers who the Inhumans are or why they are inhuman or what makes them interesting. Meh.

I think they are just doing Imax to get people to the theater to acquaint them with the property to then direct them back to their TV set. But it seems like a crap move... just rushing through the natural build-up of a property. I mean, theaters are getting used nowadays to show special re-releases of old movies as well as one-shot performances + certain TV episodes (maybe?), but this just seems like it's not gonna go very far.

The series is only 2-3 months away and this is the first thing I have really seen visually regarding it, and it's about on a budget level with "The Host" or something.

It would be nice to see some REAL Skrulls for once. GotG at least had a Kree or two. Instead we get a teleporting dog with meh effects, and pandering to the pet base in the last second or two.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think this show is DWBA (Dead WAY Before Arrival).