• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What (board/card) games are you best at?

Upnextup

MBTI Type
INFJ
I thought maybe we could detect some trends up in here!

I'm an INFJ and I tend to be really good at pattern games like connect four and the set game (a mensa game based on pattern recognition.)

I fail horribly at most things that are strictly strategic. (Chess= death.)

How 'bout you? :)

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Personally, for board games I'm especially good at strategy games so at chess, Risk or Diplomacy :D
For cards, I'm good at poker, blackjack and baccarat - I'm great at bluffing so it seems :cool:

And I'm an ENTP (at least for the moment ahah), I don't know if it could be related... ;)

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Monopoly. I'm great with money and I have an amazing amount of patience when my eyes are on the prize. I am also a really aggressive buyer and an adamant barterer.

Connect 4. I see multiple possibilities and choose the best route quickly.

Dominos. A combination of that aggressiveness and that quick thinking.

I love playing games. You should @ me if you wanna play a round of any of these with me. (Honorable mentions are Life, Yahtzee, Checkers, and Jenga.)

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
dominoes and any game involving trivia

never won monopoly but that's because everyone's CHEATING! i suck at any game involving long-term strategy.

Upnextup

MBTI Type
INFJ
Personally, for board games I'm especially good at strategy games so at chess, Risk or Diplomacy :D
For cards, I'm good at poker, blackjack and baccarat - I'm great at bluffing so it seems :cool:

And I'm an ENTP (at least for the moment ahah), I don't know if it could be related... ;)

Thanks for the reply. And yea, I knew an ENTP once who was obsessed with chess. Even though I sucked, he would never turn down an opportunity to play me (or anyone really for that matter) cause he couldn't get enough of winning. smh :p

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Othello (also know as reversi). I've never lost. I also am talented at gin rummy. I memorize the cards people pick up.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I never lose at chess. I can even Chinese fire drill one of my pawns with my king as my opening 7 moves and not be phased.

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not sure what my MBTI type is but I'm decent at fantasy or sci-fi strategy games such as Magic the Gathering, Citadels, Pandemic, and Forbidden Island. For some reason, I tend to do poorly at more common strategy games such as Risk. I am still emotionally scarred from being destroyed in that game by my ruthless IXTJ dad. JK. If I had to guess why I do poorly in strategy games that don't take place in a fantasy or sci-fi setting, I'd say it is because I find them boring and so expend more attention arranging the pieces into shapes and patterns than focusing on my plan.

I also usually suck at games that require lying.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Board games? Haven't had much experience. Never anyone interested enough in these things to play them with..

The one I suck at was a memory based game I can't remember the name of... I've a poor memory though. For the most part. My ENFJ friend made me play that since he had an excellent memory and I did terrible.

Chess is ok but I have little experience with it. Mainly just against my IxTJ friend but that's not fair and it's a given I end up losing.. but anything with long term strategy I don't have the patience for.

If the game involved reading people though I'm pretty good at that. I've dominated at that. Also probably games like poker since I've a good poker face and people can't tell what I'm thinking.

In video games I like fighting games more than strategic games and I like to look at how they act and adapt accordingly. Sometimes adapting in the moment can be a rush. But I also like stealth which is also it's own kind of rush from time to time. Amusing to see how far I could go without getting caught or teasing them. And sometimes to even wing it just to see if I can.

I Excel more in games involving aim and very low ki sporty. Like basketball related, bowling, Mini golf, a name I can't think of, and botchy ball, as well as shooting darts. For some reason those low ki physical activities and competitiveness in me caused me to do much better generally. But after I've beat it I get bored easily and might move on to something else.

tchudak

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
RPG games: Pathfinder, D&D, M&M, Forbidden Island etc.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I like card games. I love blokus. Um sequence. Risk. Dunno I like a lot of games.

Littleclaypot

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Risk, Settlers of Catan, Diplomacy.
Basically, games that take forever to play where you have to take over the world :D

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I enjoy strategy games, also poker, etc. It's recently been pointed out to me that I seem to be playing a different game than everyone else regardless what it is, and perhaps that's true. I enjoy games without a lot of rules...or where there's flexible ways to play...

I love playing both board games and card games. I find it way more entertaining than watching TV, that's for sure.

I'm good at certain board games like Clue, Cranium, and Life. I also have to admit that I have amazing ninja reflex skills at this one card game called Spoons. I'm stealth as fuck at that game. Nobody can see me coming whenever I reach for a spoon. :ninja:

Lucy_Ricardo

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm an INFP, and I DOMINATE Scrabble.

I also love any game having to do with trivia: Trivial Pursuit, Scene It, 20 Questions. I am a cornucopia of useless knowledge.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm good at an expensive, short-lived, and now discontinued collectible game. :sadbanana: It was called Dreamblade.

I also have an uncanny ability to be the second to last person out in Liar's Dice. So I'm not sure if that means I'm good or bad at it.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Cards Against Humanity
Anything trivia
Board games - checkers to Monopoly
Card games - Euchre, blackjack, poker... I also love Uno.

I don't like anything where I have to draw. Or act.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm quite good at Scrabble. I'm not bad at backgammon.