Thread: Justice League

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default Justice League

Supposed to release later this year ... although after Snyder's prior releases and the collapse of Suicide Squad, hopes are not nearly as high as they might have once been.

However, some sad news today:
    Zack Snyder Steps Down From '''Justice League''' to Deal With Family Tragedy

Snyder tells The Hollywood Reporter he is stepping away from Justice League, Warner Bros.’ all-star DC Comics superhero mega-movie that is in post-production, in order to deal with the sudden death of his daughter. Snyder's wife, Deborah Snyder, who is a producer on Justice League, also is taking a break to focus on the healing of their family.

Stepping in to shepherd the movie through post and the shooting of some additional scenes will be Joss Whedon, the Avengers filmmaker and creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. With Whedon's help, the movie is still on track for its Nov. 17 release date

Snyder’s daughter, Autumn Snyder, died by suicide in March at age 20. Her death has been kept private, with only a small inner circle aware of what happened, even as the movie was put on a two-week break for the Snyders to deal with the immediate effects of the tragedy. Zack Snyder says he initially was eager to return to the film, which stars Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, and Ezra Miller.

“In my mind, I thought it was a cathartic thing to go back to work, to just bury myself and see if that was way through it,” says an emotional Snyder in an interview Monday in his office on the Warner Bros. lot with Deborah sitting by his side. “The demands of this job are pretty intense. It is all consuming. And in the last two months I’ve come to the realization … I’ve decided to take a step back from the movie to be with my family, be with my kids, who really need me. They are all having a hard time. I’m having a hard time.”...
    Snyder has been collaborating with Whedon in the last month to ensure a smooth transition from one director to another. Although he initially intended to stay on and finish the film, his perspective about movie-making and life changed after Autumn’s death.

“I want the movie to be amazing, and I’m a fan, but that all pales pretty quickly in comparison,” he said. “I know the fans are going to be worried about the movie, but there are seven other kids that need me. In the end, it’s just a movie. It’s a great movie. But it’s just a movie.”

I can't really imagine.

Still, yeah, them needing to pull their family back together is more important, and Whedon is more than capable -- he might even be a benefit to the movie release, considering his own relative successes with the superhero genre. He might be able to somehow shape the movie into something more cohesive.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

They ran the trailer for this before Dunkirk in IMAX last night.

Not sure what I think. Obviously the visual tone is pretty dark, like Snyder's typical palette.

Aquaman seems pretty bad-ass even when out of the water. Wonder Woman carries on all the subtext of her own past appearances (including her movie) so that helps a bit. Flash and Cyborg seem kind of bland, and Batman is old hat at this point. There wasn't really much in the trailer to give a sense of things....

I mean, aside from it being branded "Justice League" which is the draw, the trailer was kind of ambiguous and didn't really generate much.

EDIT: Eh, it was just the old trailer 1 here that came out end of March. Tells you how well I was paying attention, I've barely run across this trailer -- don't even remember if I saw it before.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so

Yeah that's the old trailer. Apparently Zack pulled all Justice League stuff from his twitter. I think he's permanatly distancing himself from Justice League. I don't know if he'll do the same for the Superman films and the rest of the DC films however.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Not bad. I like that Flash feels out of his league. And damn, Aquaman's a showboater.

MBTI
    JEDI
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I saw the trailer before Dunkirk (which was excellent). I thought Aquaman seemed like fun, raising my interest in his solo movie. But still, can't be bothered to give a shit about Batfleck. I wonder if it will be worth watching just for Gadot and Momoa?
    I looked out this morning and the sun was gone
    Turned on some music to start my day
    I lost myself in a familiar song
    I closed my eyes and I slipped away

Visit my Johari: http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Early Cut Of Justice League Deemed "Unwatchable," Substantial Changes Being Made

To recap, yesterday we learned that Warner Bros. was apparently unhappy with a few things in Justice League. Namely, the tone – which they felt was too dark – and the portrayal of Cyborg. Now, Batman-On-Film has added onto that, telling us that the situation is much worse than it appears. Here’s what they had to say:

These reshoots – which are still taking place – are not standard pick-ups/additional photography. Why? Apparently, an early cut of the film was deemed “unwatchable.” Thus, substantial changes to the film were ordered.
    They really need to (1) pick directors who do the kinds of things they want to accomplish versus directors they feel the need to meddle with constantly, and then (2) get out of the director's way.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Totenkindly View Post
    Early Cut Of Justice League Deemed "Unwatchable," Substantial Changes Being Made They really need to (1) pick directors who do the kinds of things they want to accomplish versus directors they feel the need to meddle with constantly, and then (2) get out of the director's way.
    Too many cooks in the kitchen for a decisive call like that to be made. I'm positive that that someone is trying to make that happen, and that 15 well positioned people with only tangential ties creatively are making that next to impossible.