• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

RIP Chris Cornell

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bummer. Not to sound insensitive, but I wonder if drugs are involved

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bummer. Not to sound insensitive, but I wonder if drugs are involved

Not sure. I read that his wife was concerned and had someone check on him and then they found him in his bathroom (some time after the Detroit concert), but there is nothing else known right now.

He had such a versatile voice.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not sure. I read that his wife was concerned and had someone check on him and then they found him in his bathroom (some time after the Detroit concert), but there is nothing else known right now.

He had such a versatile voice.

I was never a huge grunge kid (more into "nerd rock" like Weezer in the 90s) but I think he made one of the best Bond title songs since the 60s--Tom Jones meets Robert Plant..

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was never a huge grunge kid (more into "nerd rock" like Weezer in the 90s) but I think he made one of the best Bond title songs since the 60s--Tom Jones meets Robert Plant..

I liked it for a Bond title, it's just pretty tame / straightforward and doesn't really stretch his voice like much of his career music did. Then again, it had to follow certain conventions.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I liked it for a Bond title, it's just pretty tame / straightforward and doesn't really stretch his voice like much of his career music did. Then again, it had to follow certain conventions.

Maybe it's just the adjacency to shit like that Madonna song and that Jack White/Alicia Keys song that make it sound like a highlight. Sorry to go off topic.

I always thought Spoonman was pretty catchy.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Never much liked the Madonna song, even now. The White/Keys song grew on me over time.
I tend to like the throwback songs (even the Garbage song was branded decently).

Anyway:
7 times Chris Cornell made us weep with his amazing voice

I mean, he could sing like that consistently in such a high range without killing his voice. That's pretty amazing.

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Heard on TV that he committed suicide. So tragic.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No other genre has ever influenced me more than grunge...I'm really touched by his death, now even more, when I know it was a suicide. It's such an incredible loss for the rock scene of today, there will never be a singer like him. He's gone too early, too unexpectedly and too fast. :cry:

I heard the news earlier and couldn’t believe it. Kurt, Layne, Scott, and now Chris. At least Eddie’s still alive, but man this is sad, especially now hearing it was a suicide.