User Tag List

12311 Last

Thread: 2008 NFL Season

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Default 2008 NFL Season

So far so good. The Titans are 4-0, with the best point differential in the NFL, and Tom Brady is out for the season. I couldn't have imagined at better start.

I still think the Patriots will win that division, simply because the other three teams aren't very good. Buffalo might be 4-0, but they've had trouble with the Raiders and Rams the last two weeks.

The Chargers are looking good, despite being screwed over by the refs a couple weeks ago. The Broncos have NO defense...giving up 33 pts to the Chiefs? That's embarrassing.

Edit: Somehow I managed to forget a word when I typed the title, it should read "2008 NFL Season". Blah.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post

Edit: Somehow I managed to forget a word when I typed the title, it should read "2008 NFL Season". Blah.
    I'll never forgive you.

Ike or no Ike, my Texans were bound for a rough start. We'll see if they can recover and make any push for the playoffs.

I did a little bit better on my picks this week, I got the Chiefs and Redskins picks right, for instance.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Ike or no Ike, my Texans were bound for a rough start.
    Do you want Vince Young? I'm willing to pay you guys to take him.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Do you want Vince Young? I'm willing to pay you guys to take him.
    I think I would take that deal, actually. Yes.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I think I would take that deal, actually. Yes.
    Sucker. VY is a bust, plain and simple. I have no idea how a quarterback that throws more interceptions than touchdowns wins Rookie Of The Year.

The NFL season is imploding before my eyes. I watched the entire game tonight, and I have absolutely no idea how my Eagles managed to blow that game against the Bears. Oh, right, I remember now...passing up two fourth-and-short opportunities to attempt field goals that had zero chance. And not challenging the fourth down no-TD call at the end of the game. They should have wrapped the game in a bow.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ISTx

Thumbs up

Let's go Raiders! How about that blocked field goal against the Chargers yesterday?... Good shit!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

The Raiders are pretty good at losing.

MBTI
    ISTx

Except they've won their past two games...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

They must have played a couple games I don't know about since their record is 1-3 and their only win was two weeks ago, against the Chiefs.

MBTI
    ISTx

My fault, you're right. I could have sworn they took the game before last as well but sadly they didn't. I didn't see the whole thing.

Edit: Christ, they didn't wind up winning yesterday's game either??? They were spanking the Chargers when I left... I guess I assume too quick.