• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2008 NFL Season

MBTI Type
INTJ
So much for this one...

Hahaha. I knew someone was going to come back and remind me of this after the Baltimore/Miami game. :doh:

I suppose I should alter it to read, "The most enduring betting rule in football is never bet on a rookie QB, especially on the road, unless he is backed by the best defense in the NFL and the veteran guy on the other side throws four interceptions."

MBTI Type
INTJ
Peterson is a BEAST!!!!

He is, and they were bound to get one of those plays like that. But aside from that play, Peterson has roughly 7 carries for about 10 yards. I can live with that. Besides, if Tarvaris keeps chucking it up when he's about to be sacked, there will be a damaging INT at some point.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
ASANTE!!!

Finally, That's what we needed big play from the defense. The Eagles used to be phenomenal with that, their secondary used to be pretty legendary. Asante does have a knack for those types of plays in the postseason. It's amazing how so many secondary players have shit hands.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Good for Asante. I was lukewarm about the signing and I've not been thrilled with him this year. He and his $10 million salary are not significantly better than Lito Sheppard and his $2 million salary. And I'm convinced Samuel led the league in dropped interceptions. But if the Eagles win this game, maybe it was worth it.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I wasn't so hot on the signing either. In fact I would have preferred if Lito had stopped whining so much and proved how much better he was than Sheldon, who while decent is terrible when it comes to making plays or really shutting down top receivers. Burress consistently man handled him.

Last edited:
MBTI Type
INTJ
I wasn't so hot on the signing either. In fact I would have preferred if Lito had stopped whining so much and proved how much better he was than Sheldon, who while decent is terrible when it comes to making plays or really shutting down top corners. Burress consistently man handled him.

You think? I've always thought Sheldon Brown was a better player than Sheppard. Sheppard had a knack for big plays, but I've always thought Brown was the steadier and more consistent player, and the best player on the defense not named Dawkins.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Steady and consistent isn't necessarily what I prefer. So while I don't necessarily disagree with you that he is steady and consistent and often times doesn't get too much recognition because he usually doesn't get embarrassed really at all. He just doesn't seem to take advantage sometimes of opportunities, I know plenty of times it feels like he is always in good position but doesn't trust himself and plays for the incompletion or securing the tackler.

His hands routinely escape him as well. I'm sure you caught some of the ravens game. Ed Reed is absolutely brilliant when it comes to getting into good position and using his hands, as is Troy polomalu and Champ Bailey. While obviously those guys are top class players and it is pretty unfair to hold others to that standard, you can definitely notice the difference in approaches. The confidence, fluidity, aggressiveness, and body control just isn't there for me. That determination to want to put yourself out on a little bit of a limb isn't there either.

Sometimes I think that is a fault of the Eagles in recent years. Dawkins in his prime used to basically embody that whole approach and it permeated throughout out the defense. Westbrook when on his game has a similar affect. Defensively they need to get back to that on a more consistent basis (they've been great this year but in certain situations, not necessarily). Offensively it hasn't been there enough.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I wouldn't disagree with anything you said about Sheldon Brown, I guess it's just that we value different aspects of a player's game differently. I don't know if you read or like Football Outsiders, but they rated Brown as the best corner in the NFL this season.

I agree that the Eagles generally have lacked gamebreakers in recent years. Westbrook and maybe now DeSean Jackson are the exceptions. Asante Samuel has the rep for being such a player, but hasn't shown it as an Eagle. But I tend to prefer steady players who don't get killed. I'd be a pretty boring football coach :D

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
I wouldn't disagree with anything you said about Sheldon Brown, I guess it's just that we value different aspects of a player's game differently. I don't know if you read or like Football Outsiders, but they rated Brown as the best corner in the NFL this season.

I agree that the Eagles generally have lacked gamebreakers in recent years. Westbrook and maybe now DeSean Jackson are the exceptions. Asante Samuel has the rep for being such a player, but hasn't shown it as an Eagle. But I tend to prefer steady players who don't get killed. I'd be a pretty boring football coach :D

Mangini anyone...

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
It's times like this where I really get annoyed, even apathetic, as an Eagles fan. Time after time they're just way too complacent and disinterested. Not that there was necessarily blame to be had, but too frequently they just don't get it done. Everything has to be clicking perfectly and the stars have to align for them to have a good all around performance. In any athletic endeavor I've ever encountered I've been the complete opposite. I will slack around a bit and sort of assess the situation and get things moving, try and get comfortable and involved but when it comes down to it there is no excuse in my mind to not extend myself. I think that is reflected in my appreciation for more of the gamebreakers, not flashy or cocky, although they don't necessarily rub me the wrong way to a massive extent.

It's ridiculous in that it seems like they somehow are at a loss for what it takes to finish. I mean you look at the colts and Peyton, New England and Tom Brady, I'll even give you Roethlesburger they game plan for those times. Their decisive, just like those aforementioned defensive players.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
Roethlesburger is OVERRATED...the D has been carrying him his whole career. Worst winning Superbowl performance I've ever witnessed by a so-call elite QB