• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2008 NFL Season

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I've never really had any problems with them, they're better than Comcast (my cable company) for sure. What problems did you have?
I haven't had them since 2004, but the service went out in bad weather. You can't even get service in certain places (apartment buildings, places with lots of trees to the south).

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree, I would do commercials for them. Cable companies have the worst customer service of any utility I've ever seen, they're incompetent. I've never had a single problem with my DirecTV in five years.

And they have made up with TiVo and will be debuting a TiVo-branded HD-DVR in 2009!

I haven't had them since 2004, but the service went out in bad weather. You can't even get service in certain places (apartment buildings, places with lots of trees to the south).

My cable went out more frequently in bad weather, but that might be just the older neighborhood I live in.

That's it?

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
My cable went out more frequently in bad weather, but that might be just the older neighborhood I live in.

That's it?
I've had much better service with cable companies, as far as reliability is concerned. I've also had better customer service. When I canceled back 2004, DirecTV tried to keep billing me. I had to call them 3-4 times to fix it.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've had much better service with cable companies, as far as reliability is concerned. I've also had better customer service. When I canceled back 2004, DirecTV tried to keep billing me. I had to call them 3-4 times to fix it.

Damn, what cable company?

Mine are usually horrorshows.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Damn, what cable company?

Mine are usually horrorshows.
Comcast, heh. They were pretty good with the cable service in Florida. Not so good with internet service, though. I've never had a good internet provider, cable or DSL.

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
Eagles just need to win the next couple of games. There's still some hope! *crosses fingers*.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Eagles just need to win the next couple of games. There's still some hope! *crosses fingers*.

Yep...we have to win out and then hope either Atlanta or Tampa Bay loses one game. Then we're in. Next week Atlanta plays Minnesota and Tampa plays San Diego. We have a shot :)

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yep...we have to win out and then hope either Atlanta or Tampa Bay loses one game. Then we're in. Next week Atlanta plays Minnesota and Tampa plays San Diego. We have a shot :)

Do you think McNabb will be in Philly next season? I been hearing rumors he might go to the Bears or the Vikings. Btw, I got an Eagles shirt that says "This Girl Loves The Eagles". Always wanted one. :)

Desperado44

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Do you think McNabb will be in Philly next season? I been hearing rumors he might go to the Bears or the Vikings. Btw, I got an Eagles shirt that says "This Girl Loves The Eagles". Always wanted one. :)

I don't think McNabb will be back.

I could see him in Minnesota....I don't see Chicago making a play for him. Orton is playing decently. They need a RB.

I have to say....I think McNabb is the most over rated player of the last ten years. I just watched him beat the Browns...but he doesn't seem to get it done in the big games.....

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP

I could see him in Minnesota....I don't see Chicago making a play for him. Orton is playing decently. They need a RB.

I have to say....I think McNabb is the most over rated player of the last ten years. I just watched him beat the Browns...but he doesn't seem to get it done in the big games.....

I thought since he's originally from the Chi...he might of had a chance to play there. The Bears do need a RB so...

I agree with you. I just get so aggrivated when watching the games because of that.

MBTI Type
INTJ

I don't think McNabb will be back either, unless the team goes on an improbable playoff run. But I think it would be a HUGE mistake. It's plain that Kevin Kolb isn't ready to take over, and this is still a playoff-caliber roster for the most part. McNabb might even decide to try to force his own exit, considering the nonsense he puts up with there.

I think the Bears would take about three seconds before deciding to replace Orton with McNabb. I think we've seen Orton's upside, and it is "won't win a game for you but won't kill you like Grossman will." Besides, they don't need a running back at all...Matt Forte is a candidate for rookie of the year and is probably their best offensive starter with the possible exception of Olin Kreutz. The Vikings, Bucs, 49ers and Lions might all be interested in McNabb.

I think he takes a lot of unwarranted heat. The QB in general takes too much blame and too much credit for the performance of his team. Dan Marino has a worse playoff record than McNabb and also went to one Super Bowl, which he lost. But no one talks about Marino being a choker. The Eagles fans are going to remember what it's like to have a crappy QB the day he leaves.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
That blowout didn't really surprise me. The Cowboys are paper tigers.

The Titans' performance surprised me. That was embarrassing. They didn't even try. They should have just forfeit. Half of the players they had on defense I had never even heard of before the game. That really pissed me off, to just give up, even if the game doesn't mean anything.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
bilde1.jpg

IlyaK1986

MBTI Type
ENTJ
IMO you need to put a picture of Tony Romo after Dawkins stripped him which Joselio Hanson returned for a TD lying there face down.

Now THAT is FAIL

It'd now be an absolute sin to get rid of McNabb. Reid needs some restrictions on his power and McNabb needs another go-to receiver. After DeSean gets some more time in the league, he just might become the new TO.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
IMO you need to put a picture of Tony Romo after Dawkins stripped him which Joselio Hanson returned for a TD lying there face down.

Now THAT is FAIL

Err... Worse NFL Season EVER excuse me EVAR trumps Romo on the fail list :yes:

BTW, doesn't matter what they do now McNabb is gone with the wind, he's been disrespected too much to stay...