• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2008 NFL Season

MBTI Type
INTJ
True. And thankfully, Dallas doesn't appear nearly as imposing as they seemed at the beginning of the season. Especially with Romo, Jones and McBriar injured, Pac about to be suspended, and TO click-click-clicking at the top of the roller coaster.

In fact, as I write this, the Giants are losing to Cleveland, 17-7 and all is right with the world. :)

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Wow, sweet blowout. And just like that, the Eagles are back in the playoff hunt. Makes those last two losses look even worse, though.

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
Does Brady play defense, too?

NO but Brady keeps the chains moving and keeps the other offense off the field. Also with Brady we can match up with any offense when it comes to a shoot out. Would we have won? May be not but it would not have looked quite as bad. Cassel holds on to the ball waaaaay too long to the point that the LBs were blitzing, getting preassure and ratteling Cassel and leaving WRs wide open on the field. Brady would have killed them for blizing like that. Last year Brady scored most of his TDs when the defense was blitzing him.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Cassel is the worst QB I've ever seen.

Wow. I can think of about 20 off the top of my head that are worse. Of course, I've been watching football for a long time. I think Cassel is probably slightly below average, but he looks worse because he's replacing Superman.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As a lowly Chiefs fan, I think the team owed it to Tony Gonzalez to trade him.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
As a lowly Chiefs fan, I think the team owed it to Tony Gonzalez to trade him.

As an Eagles fan, I think the team owed it to me and about two million others to trade a 3rd rounder FOR Gonzalez. Apparently, that's all it would have taken.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As an Eagles fan, I think the team owed it to me and about two million others to trade a 3rd rounder FOR Gonzalez. Apparently, that's all it would have taken.

Rumor has it the Chiefs turned down third round picks.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Rumor has it the Chiefs turned down third round picks.

That makes it seem less ludicrous, but I happen to believe in my heart of hearts that the Eagles wouldn't have given them a 3rd rounder even if that's all it would take. That is how the organization is. Lorenzo Booker for a 4th, but no Tony Gonzalez for a 2nd or a 3rd. Honestly.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That makes it seem less ludicrous, but I happen to believe in my heart of hearts that the Eagles wouldn't have given them a 3rd rounder even if that's all it would take. That is how the organization is. Lorenzo Booker for a 4th, but no Tony Gonzalez for a 2nd or a 3rd. Honestly.

He's worth a 3rd round pick for sure.

He may only have 3 more years left (probably more he takes such good care of himself) but so many 3rd rounders never amount to anything.

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
There were several teams interested in Tony G. 3 teams offered a third round pick for him but Peterson would not trade him for anything less than a 2nd rounder. Heck even the Packers had an extension ready for him to sign but last minute in the trade deadline Peterson told the Packers that he no longer wanted their 3rd round pick which they had agreed to, instead he wanted their second in a last ditch effort to get higher value. At his age Tony G. is NOT worth a 2nd rounder:

ProFootballTalk.com - PACKERS THOUGHT THEY HAD A DEAL FOR GONZALEZ

Wow.

Not only were the Packers serious players for Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez, but the Pack also thought they had a deal.

According to Jason Wilde of the Wisconsin State Journal, the Packers drew up the paperwork that would have sent a third-round pick to Kansas City for Gonzalez, only to have the Chiefs back out ten minutes before the 4:00 p.m. EDT trading deadline, and demand a second-round pick.

Bills:
What’s a few draft picks for Gonzalez? : Bob Dicesare : The Buffalo News

Two NFL sources say the Bills offered a third-round draft pick for Gonzalez. Sources also say that Peterson refused to budge off his asking price, reported to be a No. 2 and a No. 5. If he was going to part with the face of the franchise it would be for what he considered commensurate return.

Eagles:
Eagles release Hunt, sign Tracy White | Philadelphia Inquirer | 10/15/2008

A league source said the Eagles' interest in tight end Tony Gonzalez soured when they found out the Kansas City Chiefs wanted more than a third-round draft pick, as reported by NFL.com. Gonzalez remained with Kansas City.

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Any Eagle fans?

FOR LIFE!
eagles.jpg