User Tag List

First 16242526

Thread: 2008 NFL Season

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Maclin is fast, but he's even better at football vision. Get him in space (like Westbrook) and he'll find the seam and make people miss. He is not very big though, that's true.

I don't know where this "inconsistent hands" thing comes from. I've watched every televised game he's played for two years and I don't remember many dropped passes. Someone must've said something about it without evidence and it got picked up and passed around by everyone else. The NFL is like a junior high sleepover at times.
    Do you think it may have to do with his route-running supposedly being below-average? If you are rounding off and not making crisp cuts, you will be out of position for the balls that really need to be threaded in. Relatively easy catches turn into balls off the fingertips or the back shoulder if you aren't precise.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Do you think it may have to do with his route-running supposedly being below-average? If you are rounding off and not making crisp cuts, you will be out of position for the balls that really need to be threaded in. Relatively easy catches turn into balls off the fingertips or the back shoulder if you aren't precise.
    The spread offense isn't really about routes but about finding space in the defense, so I can see that knock against him on route running. I take "inconsistent hands" more to mean the ball is right there and catchable but he doesn't make the catch all the time. Which I don't recall at all with Maclin.