User Tag List

First 91718192021 Last

Thread: 2008 NFL Season

MBTI
    INTP

The loss of Chris Johnson really hurt them. You got the sense that he was going to at least have a couple of game opening plays to save them somewhat. Forcing collins to try and win the game wasn't the best option. There's little reason why the Titans shouldn't have capitalized more, they had the game in won and had control.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I agree, there is no excuse. That's why the Titans lost. But this talk about Baltimore being a better team is a joke. The better team doesn't always win the game (otherwise there would be a 19-0 team every season).
    Fanboy speak for "my team got outplayed but they're better on paper" whatever that counts for in the playoffs.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    The loss of Chris Johnson really hurt them. You got the sense that he was going to at least have a couple of game opening plays to save them somewhat. Forcing collins to try and win the game wasn't the best option. There's little reason why the Titans shouldn't have capitalized more, they had the game in won and had control.
    They should have been up something like 17-7 or 21-7 at halftime. So many missed opportunities. The way I see it, the Titans beat themselves with mistakes. This one is going to eat at the fans and organization for a long time. I wish I could forget it.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    That little reason is called the other team kicking their ass in the clutch. 5 fumbles don't magically happen to good teams.

They should have been up something like 17-7 or 21-7 at halftime. So many missed opportunities. The way I see it, the Titans beat themselves with mistakes. This one is going to eat at the fans and organization for a long time. I wish I could forget it.
    Should'ves, again. You're like someone arguing the Chargers would've won if LT and Merriman were healthy last year, or Dallas that year Romo fumbled the snap. Ifs don't win games in the playoffs.

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

There's no doubt that you're a sensor.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    IsTP

Right, you have to be a Senor to see Tennessee choked. Ofcourse they just choked for no good reason. The other team had NOTHING to do with it, they just had a bad day.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    Right, you have to be a Senor to see Tennessee choked. Ofcourse they just choked for no good reason. The other team had NOTHING to do with it, they just had a bad day.
    Normally I enjoy debates, just not with you. It's your style of arguing.

MBTI
    IsTP

Normally I enjoy debates, just not with you. It's your style of arguing.
    That's because you're immune to any reality that doesn't correspond with how you say things SHOULD be. They "should've" won, "if only" they didn't play the way they played, things would've been different and they'dve won. They're a better team on paper. Great argument, how could I NOT be persuaded.

Facts: Baltimore 2-0 in the playoffs and Tennessee 0-1. Maybe next year.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Yeah, you'll never get it. It'll be okay though. Ignorance is bliss.

MBTI
    IsTP

WHY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THEY SHOULD'VE WON!!!
    Fixed.