User Tag List

First 91718192021 Last

Results 181 to 190 of 252

Thread: 2008 NFL Season

  1. #181
    Senior Member Simplexity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    The loss of Chris Johnson really hurt them. You got the sense that he was going to at least have a couple of game opening plays to save them somewhat. Forcing collins to try and win the game wasn't the best option. There's little reason why the Titans shouldn't have capitalized more, they had the game in won and had control.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

  2. #182
    I am Sofa King!!! kendoiwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    IsTP
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I agree, there is no excuse. That's why the Titans lost. But this talk about Baltimore being a better team is a joke. The better team doesn't always win the game (otherwise there would be a 19-0 team every season).
    Fanboy speak for "my team got outplayed but they're better on paper" whatever that counts for in the playoffs.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

    "They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

  3. #183
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    The loss of Chris Johnson really hurt them. You got the sense that he was going to at least have a couple of game opening plays to save them somewhat. Forcing collins to try and win the game wasn't the best option. There's little reason why the Titans shouldn't have capitalized more, they had the game in won and had control.
    They should have been up something like 17-7 or 21-7 at halftime. So many missed opportunities. The way I see it, the Titans beat themselves with mistakes. This one is going to eat at the fans and organization for a long time. I wish I could forget it.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  4. #184
    I am Sofa King!!! kendoiwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    IsTP
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    The loss of Chris Johnson really hurt them. You got the sense that he was going to at least have a couple of game opening plays to save them somewhat. Forcing collins to try and win the game wasn't the best option. There's little reason why the Titans shouldn't have capitalized more, they had the game in won and had control.
    That little reason is called the other team kicking their ass in the clutch. 5 fumbles don't magically happen to good teams.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    They should have been up something like 17-7 or 21-7 at halftime. So many missed opportunities. The way I see it, the Titans beat themselves with mistakes. This one is going to eat at the fans and organization for a long time. I wish I could forget it.
    Should'ves, again. You're like someone arguing the Chargers would've won if LT and Merriman were healthy last year, or Dallas that year Romo fumbled the snap. Ifs don't win games in the playoffs.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

    "They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

  5. #185
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    There's no doubt that you're a sensor.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  6. #186
    I am Sofa King!!! kendoiwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    IsTP
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Right, you have to be a Senor to see Tennessee choked. Ofcourse they just choked for no good reason. The other team had NOTHING to do with it, they just had a bad day.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

    "They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

  7. #187
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    Right, you have to be a Senor to see Tennessee choked. Ofcourse they just choked for no good reason. The other team had NOTHING to do with it, they just had a bad day.
    Normally I enjoy debates, just not with you. It's your style of arguing.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  8. #188
    I am Sofa King!!! kendoiwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    IsTP
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Normally I enjoy debates, just not with you. It's your style of arguing.
    That's because you're immune to any reality that doesn't correspond with how you say things SHOULD be. They "should've" won, "if only" they didn't play the way they played, things would've been different and they'dve won. They're a better team on paper. Great argument, how could I NOT be persuaded.

    Facts: Baltimore 2-0 in the playoffs and Tennessee 0-1. Maybe next year.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

    "They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

  9. #189
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Yeah, you'll never get it. It'll be okay though. Ignorance is bliss.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  10. #190
    I am Sofa King!!! kendoiwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    IsTP
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    WHY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THEY SHOULD'VE WON!!!
    Fixed.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

    "They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

Similar Threads

  1. The 2012 NFL Season Thread
    By Patches in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-06-2012, 12:10 PM
  2. 2008/09 NBA season
    By Giggly in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-22-2009, 03:00 PM
  3. 2008/09 Football season...
    By jay bee 83 in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-05-2008, 11:22 AM
  4. NFL
    By The Third Rider in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 12:05 AM
  5. Influenza Season and Flu Shots
    By Nonpareil in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-08-2007, 08:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO