User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

Thread: 2008 NFL Season

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    No such thing as should've in football. Tennessee had their chances and didn't capitalize on them. One delay of game blown call didn't decide this game. Not even close. Baltimore was the better team today.
    Hahaha, no. Baltimore wasn't better. Both of their lines got smashed all game long. And I didn't say it decided the game. It was indicative of how things went for Baltimore. Every single break went their way.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Hahaha, no. Baltimore wasn't better. Both of their lines got smashed all game long. And I didn't say it decided the game. It was indicative of how things went for Baltimore. Every single break went their way.
    Come oyn, you act like Bmore didn't do anything to cause those breaks.

MBTI
    IsTP

I don't know what game YOU were watching. Tennessee had NO answer for the Baltimore blitz all night long. And hardly put any pressure on the Flacco expect for in a few instances. If you ask me, the game was decided in the 3rd quarter on that Baltimore fumble recovery where Tennessee forced the punt and then couldn't make hay of it on the next drive, complete pwnage. GAME OVER
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Come oyn, you act like Bmore didn't do anything to cause those breaks.
    Are you implying that they paid the refs?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    IsTP

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    INTP

There's little excuse for consistently coughing up the ball near the endzone. That is an absolute momentum changer. There's this neat little metric for baseball called win probability. Basically it can be formatted for each game to show per inning, or even event, the likely hood of one team winning over another. It varies from 0 to 1 and is continuous throughout the game. With out running the numbers I can almost conclude with certainty that turning the ball over when on the cusp of scoring drastically alters the probability of winning a game. Doing this repeatedly is the quickest and most efficient ways of epically losing.

It's a horrendous way to attempt to win a game. Turnover ratio is a common stat that announcers bring up and that doesn't even take into consideration the area or time in game!!
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I don't know what game YOU were watching. Tennessee had NO answer for the Baltimore blitz all night long. And hardly put any pressure on the Flacco expect for in a few instances. If you ask me, the game was decided in the 3rd quarter on that Baltimore fumble recovery where Tennessee forced the punt and then couldn't make hay of it on the next drive, complete pwnage. GAME OVER
    Yeah, I'm thinking you have no idea what you're talking about. Collins had plenty of time to throw all game long. They Ravens broke through a couple times, that's it.

The play of the game was Crumpler's fumble in the 4th quarter. The Titans score a TD to ice the game if he doesn't fumble.

MBTI
    IsTP

Yeah, I'm thinking you have no idea what you're talking about. Collins had plenty of time to throw all game long. They Ravens broke through a couple times, that's it.

The play of the game was Crumpler's fumble in the 4th quarter. The Titans score a TD to ice the game if he doesn't fumble.
    Wow your powers of denial are strong, Collins was throwing the ball away to keep from getting his ass waxed all night especially when it counted...

Again with the if's and should'ves

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    There's little excuse for consistently coughing up the ball near the endzone. That is an absolute momentum changer. There's this neat little metric for baseball called win probability. Basically it can be formatted for each game to show per inning, or even event, the likely hood of one team winning over another. It varies from 0 to 1 and is continuous throughout the game. With out running the numbers I can almost conclude with certainty that turning the ball over when on the cusp of scoring drastically alters the probability of winning a game. Doing this repeatedly is the quickest and most efficient ways of epically losing.

It's a horrendous way to attempt to win a game. Turnover ratio is a common stat that announcers bring up and that doesn't even take into consideration the area or time in game!!
    I agree, there is no excuse. That's why the Titans lost. But this talk about Baltimore being a better team is a joke. The better team doesn't always win the game (otherwise there would be a 19-0 team every season).

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Wow your powers of denial are strong, Collins was throwing the ball away to keep from getting his ass waxed all night especially when it counted...

Again with the if's and should'ves
    Really? 26-42 is pretty good for him (he's not the most accurate QB). He threw a few balls away, but not very many. By the way you're talking, he was dodging blitzers every play, throwing balls into the stands.

I think you're just trolling, probably angry with me after that BART thread. Of course you'll never admit that, but I have a good sense for these things.