User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

Thread: 2008 NFL Season

MBTI
    INTP

WTF. I leave to go to the bathroom and miss this?

Westbrook never had top end speed (world class, still plenty good enough) but in terms of agility in the open field he's pretty nasty. You could notice it from the onset with him, insane sense of space and how to utilize it. Not to mention his ability to expertly use blockers.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    Roethlesburger is OVERRATED...the D has been carrying him his whole career. Worst winning Superbowl performance I've ever witnessed by a so-call elite QB
    I doesn't help that the Steelers O-line couldn't block the D-line of a Typologycentral team.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    WTF. I leave to go to the bathroom and miss this?

Westbrook never had top end speed (world class, still plenty good enough) but in terms of agility in the open field he's pretty nasty. You could notice it from the onset with him, insane sense of space and how to utilize it. Not to mention his ability to expertly use blockers.
    It's true...Westbrook is just filthy in space. And unlike a lot of speed guys, he waits for his blockers. Devin Hester does that well, too. The Eagles have a really good O-line when they let them play...the screen is like the run for that team, and they block the screen very skillfully. As one of the announcers said, nice rope-a-dope of the Vikings D...the Eagles are a heavy screen team and that was the first screen they ran in the whole game, halfway through the fourth quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I doesn't help that the Steelers O-line couldn't block the D-line of a Typologycentral team.
    Hahaha. Too true. But that's one of the reasons I think Roethlisberger is a very good QB. They just shouldn't let him play hurt. I think Byron Leftwich fits nicely into their system and has played well when given a chance. The one glaring flaw Roethlisberger has is holding the ball too long. He takes way too many sacks.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Wow Flacco has got a hell of an arm. I really like him as a QB, and he'll only get better.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

The Ravens were so incredibly lucky to win that game. Every conceivable break went their way. The Titans completely dominated them, in every way possible, except on the scoreboard.

I haven't felt this bad in years. To lose this way, to this team, it's unreal. I'm supposed to go to a meetup and I really don't feel like it, at all.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    InFp
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

^That was one of the nastiest games I've seen. 12 penalties at HOME, good lord.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Titans didn't play well.

Arizona on the other hand, is SHOCKING me.

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Titans didn't play well.

I think the Titans played fairly well in a lot of respects... their offense moved the ball well, and their defense generally did a good job... but the turnovers and penalties... good grief. They aren't a team that can overcome that sort of stuff. Not that many teams can, but especially a ball control/defense oriented team. Going to be a long, frustrating offseason for them - they let that one go.

Arizona's really doing well - but they're taking advantage of Carolina mistakes at this point, I think (of course, taking advantage of the other team's mistakes and not making many of your own *is* playing well). Fitzgerald... just wow - he's having a great game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Titans didn't play well.

The Titans are the better team, BY FAR. The Ravens needed the planets to align to win that game, and they did. The refs even missed a delay of game call on their final drive...and it wasn't a borderline delay of game. The ball was snapped a good 2-3 seconds after the play clock hit 0. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tennessee protest the game on those grounds alone. Fuck. I still can't believe it. Tennessee should have won that game by 3+ TDs.

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    The Titans are the better team, BY FAR. The Ravens needed the planets to align to win that game, and they did. The refs even missed a delay of game call on their final drive...and it wasn't a borderline delay of game. The ball was snapped a good 2-3 seconds after the play clock hit 0. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tennessee protest the game on those grounds alone. Fuck. I still can't believe it. Tennessee should have won that game by 3+ TDs.
    No such thing as should've in football. Tennessee had their chances and didn't capitalize on them. One delay of game blown call didn't decide this game. Not even close. Baltimore was the better team today.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"