User Tag List

First 4121314151624 Last

Thread: 2008 NFL Season

Well, it happens.

It's over now. Guess home field advantage is real.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I knew the Colts wouldn't last long. So many people were picking them as the favorite in the AFC. I guess they didn't see how the Colts needed divine intervention to beat the Browns and Jags at the end of the season. But hey, they did manage to get those records against the Titans practice squad, last week.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    IsTP

There D was a no show in the clutch, although the refs didn't help.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    There D was a no show in the clutch, although the refs didn't help.
    The Colts don't have a big time D. The Chargers are in for a rude awakening when they play either the Steelers or Titans. They'll be facing a real defense, not crap like the Colts or what they see every week in the AFC West.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Wow, Mike Scifres had maybe the best game I've ever seen a punter have. And props to Madden and Michaels for observing what a great game Marcus McNeill had. Offensive linemen rarely get their due from the broadcast teams.

As for Falcons/Cards: The most enduring betting rule in football is never bet on a rookie QB, especially on the road. That said, expect the Cards to get prison raped in either New York or Carolina. Hopefully Carolina, because that would mean the Eagles won
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ISTx

Miami/Baltimore, who's it gonna be?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Baltimore

MBTI
    IsTP

I'm taking the dawgs in this one

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

So far this is the most boring playoff game I've ever seen.

Edit: Ed Reed HAD to run that interception back two minutes after I posted this just to make me look bad. Grr.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    The most enduring betting rule in football is never bet on a rookie QB, especially on the road.
    So much for this one...