• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

3d TV vs 3d movies

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a Panasonic 3d TV. I just watched the star wars force awakens and am astonished as to how much better the quality is on TV vs the movie theatre. Has anyone else noticed this?

Last edited:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a Panasonic 3d TV. I just watched the star wars force awakens and an astonished as to how much better the quality is on TV vs the movie theatre. Has anyone else noticed this?

I haven't seen The Force Awakens on my home 3D TV (55" plasma), I was kind of annoyed at the price gouging and didn't feel like shelling out another $25-30.

But that being said, while the big screen is probably more immersive, the 3D movies can be kind of murky based on how the 3D works. At home you're not projecting, right, you're piping a signal straight into your TV so it's probably going to be crisper/clearer/brighter and more exact. It will also vary a bit based on your actual TV and 3D player and the settings you use.

I've been pretty happy with my 3D setup here, since the TV is pretty large enough to get some of that "pop out of the screen" effect or to feel immersed when I watch a movie like Gravity. Even the 3D emulator isn't TOO bad (for 2D movies), although obviously sometimes the 3D doesn't pop right. [It did okay with TFA, although I'd probably have a better experience with the actual 3D bluray release.]

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
At home you're not projecting, right, you're piping a signal straight into your TV so it's probably going to be crisper/clearer/brighter and more exact.

It is totally crisp and clear. That's the thing.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It is totally crisp and clear. That's the thing.

Like I said, you are piping the signal straight to the screen.

But I haven't seen the home version. Maybe they also optimized it for home non-projector viewing. They took an extra 6-8 months to release it.