• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which is the best of the Die Hard movies?

Permabanned

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
First one is my favorite. It was fresh. It started a whole genre ("it is Die Hard on [bus, plane, boat, etc]).

It transformed Bruce Willis into a major action star (he was just a comedic TV show guy before it).

It is a solid movie, in general.

The sequels just are not the same, though enjoyable....

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I saw my first die hard movie over christmas after my aunt said it was pretty much a crime not to have seen one.

The one I saw was pretty good.
Sooo...

Number 1 I guess

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The first one was the best IMO

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Probably the first.

However, I have a soft spot in my heart for the second one. It's silly and makes little sense in places / is pretty far-fetched, but it has Robert Patrick as an unnamed baddie early in the film, and fighting on the wing of a moving plane. Yee-haw.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1, 3, 4, 2, 5 in that order.

You can't beat the first, it holds up well 30 years on.
2 is okay, not quite as memorable as 1 & 3 though.
3 is a classic in its own right and Irons is cool playing Rickman's bro. Good chemistry with Jackson and Willis too.
4 is just a really fun action flick, nothing more. 5 was my least favorite

I love this series. McClain is a nice departure from the invincible action heroes in Schwarzenegger and Stallone films. I like how he is always hung over or just plain irritated with situations he ends up in.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Probably the first.

However, I have a soft spot in my heart for the second one. It's silly and makes little sense in places / is pretty far-fetched, but it has Robert Patrick as an unnamed baddie early in the film, and fighting on the wing of a moving plane. Yee-haw.
2 is like Moonraker to me. I especially love catching it on cable--the dubs are so terrible!