• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Motorcycles

Usehername

On a mission
I don't think so....for minimum coverage on my bike for a 19 year old rider, it's $231 for the ENTIRE year. Even upping it to maximum everything, it still is under $1000 for the year. (Note....I ride a 28 year old bike, if you're riding a brand new Ducati or Hayabusa, your costs are probably going to be a lot higher...)

Yes and no. If you hit something, you're dead for sure. However, if the bike slides out from under you, and you are just sliding on the road, a helmet and good jacket give you a pretty good chance of walking away without serious injuries.

I'm not American. We have different insurance. I don't know any numbers, but my boss literally was licensed this past weekend and talked about how expensive it is relative to him driving his 'burban.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm not American. We have different insurance. I don't know any numbers, but my boss literally was licensed this past weekend and talked about how expensive it is relative to him driving his 'burban.

Suprising how different it is in Canada.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I want one of these:
studentrads_0.jpg

Wearable Motorcycle
I read that article. It's an interesting concept but it seems uncomfortable and not very functional for distance riding. I was interested in the name of MBTI, of viewing the number of SPs who would respond to this thread. Interestingly, but not surprisingly, that I share Gray's sentiments.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I think that there are a lot of Introverts who enjoy cycle riding. How many ways can you travel hundreds of miles in the company of others without having to speak?

Pink Lime

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
ask
It does look unique and simple. I hope you get one soon. Do you currently ride?

O

Oberon

No, although I have a good friend who would let me learn on his Suzuki Savage. I would very much enjoy the Enfield; I generally enjoy all things retro.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I don't think I'll be getting one anymore. Not now anyways. Gonna be deploying soon and I don't need the extra bills...

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
That it can be maintained with a basic set of hand tools.

The only things I used while rebuilding my Honda were 2 sockets and a socket wrench, screwdrivers, and an impact wrench/impact driver. (28 years later, having never been removed, some of the stainless steel bolts required more force than I had..). If there hadn't been stuck bolts/screws, I could have conceivably taken apart almost the entire bike with the tool kit under the seat.