• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Clash vs. The Ramones

Whose better?

• The Clash

Votes: 27 67.5%
  • The Ramones

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • The Pogues!

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • The Sex Pistols

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Whose better? I would have to go with The Clash, on the count of them being more musical and more substance over style than The Ramones. Also, The Clash had Joe Strummer. The Ramones can also get a little mundane to me.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
No contest, but they're all great. The Ramones and the Sex Pistols have about 1/4 the great material of The Clash. The Ramones took longer to come up with the same amount as the Pistols though.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
No contest, but they're all great. The Ramones and the Sex Pistols have about 1/4 the great material of The Clash. The Ramones took longer to come up with the same amount as the Pistols though.

I'd also add that when it came to style, which is obviously a large part of punk, The Sex Pistols might reign supreme, and more charismatic, which they had to be on the count that they couldn't play their instruments.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Probably not in the very beginning. They were opening for the Pistols then, who were around a few years before them.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Yeah, if you compare the early versions of the bands, they're both very punk. The Clash evolved, the Pistols broke up in a year.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Falcarius is not really a punk fan but The Clash.

The Pogues and The Sex Pistols make his ears hurt.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't enjoy listening to any of them, so it would be very difficult for me to gauge. Haven't paid much attention. I have paid just enough attention to tell that, regardless of whose best, the Sex Pistols are the worst on that list.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Damn, this is a tough one. The Ramones were there at the beginning, and I dig the vibe a lot. The Clash were by far the best of those bands when it comes to the music. The Sex Pistols were the definitive punk band, and their musicianship is underrated (there were some cool post-Pistols projects). I'll go with The Clash by a hair, although I put Never Mind the Bollocks Here's the Sex Pistols just two albums ahead of London Calling on my All-Time list.