• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fit Lit

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Several years ago, I read in a magazine that there was something called "fit lit." The idea was that it was fictional literature for entertainment that was also meant to inspire people to improved fitness. So, it'd be like if all the elves and hobbits in Lord of the Rings had to go to the gym to get in shape to fight the final battle. At least, that's how I understand the concept. Maybe not Lord of the Rings, but something like that.

I've done a few google searches and didn't find any information or see it as a genre on Amazon.com where I could buy one of those books. Does anyone here know anything about this?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You mean something like lazy town? Yeah it's a TV show instead of literature, but it's still pretty good.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You mean something like lazy town? Yeah it's a TV show instead of literature, but it's still pretty good.

I'd never heard of it until now. I'll have to figure out how to watch it.

Lazy Town seems like it is overt in its message, like Captain Planet, and it seems it might make it less successful, in some ways. But, I should probably watch it before coming to any conclusions.