• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is it with you INTJ's and anime?

Anonymous

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I think I understand why some people enjoy it, but personally, I can't stand it. It's an aesthetic thing. Some may have great plots and whatnot, but all the other elements make me cringe.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
it has nothing to do with them being INTJs lol it's their personal preference, i like some anime, im an ENFP, my good friend is an ISFJ and he likes anime, and i have an ENFJ friend and an ENTP friend that like anime, im pretty sure its spread across the board

MBTI Type
INxJ
Anime-cons, on the other hand, only appeal to about four types: 1) crazy fan-girls; 2) crazy fan-boys; 3) Comic Book Guys (who come in sole hope of complaining in great detail with fellow comic-book-guy's while in line for something. :smile: These showdowns to determine who can reference more obscurely are quite entertaining, so they serve a purpose.); 4. attention whores

I don't fit under any of those categories. I go to anime conventions to hang out with my friends who all happen to be anime fans. I like it too, but I'm fairly picky about what I will actually watch.

It's not an INTJ thing.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
it has nothing to do with them being INTJs lol it's their personal preference, i like some anime, im an ENFP, my good friend is an ISFJ and he likes anime, and i have an ENFJ friend and an ENTP friend that like anime, im pretty sure its spread across the board

There has to be 5 or 6 INTJs on this forum with anime avatars. There is a definite correlation that has to do with type.

MBTI Type
INxJ
There has to be 5 or 6 INTJs on this forum with anime avatars. There is a definite correlation that has to do with type.

Your pooling data from the wrong source. Go to the INTJ forum and see if your hypothesis is correct.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Your pooling data from the wrong source. Go to the INTJ forum and see if your hypothesis is correct.

Besides there being a smaller sampling pool, why would the amount of INTJ's here with anime avatars be irrelevant?

MBTI Type
INxJ
Besides there being a smaller sampling pool, why would the amount of INTJ's here with anime avatars be irrelevant?

It's not irrelevant at all, but you need to see how the bigger community represents itself before coming to a conclusion. Especially since that information is available.

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
anime?

I'm not at all fond of anime. I lose interest after, say, ten seconds.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
anime is so Fi and Ni that its not funny

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Perhaps its the INTJs desire to fit in at work here. There once was a catalyst INTJ with an anime avatar, and others have followed suit. :p

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Perhaps its the INTJs desire to fit in at work here. There once was a catalyst INTJ with an anime avatar, and others have followed suit. :p

So what do you INTJ poser-tards have to say about this?

Rohsiph

MBTI Type
lego
mm . . . my guess is it's just INTJ's unexpected open-mindedness: most of us are willing to give just about anything at least one chance, and if the first anime we're exposed to happens to be one of the better ones then we'll probably try watching a few more.

Same goes for any other activity / artform.

gaio

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hey, created an account just to answer this question.

I am a textbook INTJ, and I became interested in anime about 2 years ago after watching Death Note. It was the ultimate game of chess, an almost perfect show. Since then I've tried out several different anime and I find that I only like the ones with intricately wound story lines and with some brilliant main characters. INTJs tend to gravitate towards people with idealistic mindsets which makes anime a good outlet to continue their overthought existence in a recreational way.

I once heard that Japan has a lot of INTJ leaders as well, but I just did some research and they have one of the lowest number of INTJs in the world so there's likely no correlation.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well stereotypical INTJs like chess and there are chess metaphors in every other anime, so maybe the chess attracts them.

That's really all I have. But really anime creators need to chill with all the chess. It's overdone, and I still don't know how to play despite watching it.

VicDaMan

MBTI Type
INTJ
Well shit this is over two years late but there is just so much to anime that it hurts, and I do think anime can appeal to people's cognitive functions. For example a lot of Se users I know who watch anime love watching shounen anime's with a lot of action and stimulation, Ni users usually dive deep into more abstract concepts of the anime world and go into very deep psychological pieces. Ne users usually fall in love with anime because of all the possibilities the world has, with its abstractness and unique concepts. Most anime fans I know are Ne dominant or auxillary, and from what I've seen in my life is that Ne dom or aux users are usually way more open minded than Ni users, they're just so much more open.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The anime craze is so weird to me.

I've seen a couple of anime that were very original and well made and I had a great time watching, but for me for each good anime, there are 50 bad ones. But there's this supercraze of certain people that somehow every anime must be enjoyable and it's all super good. Like what the heck?

This season I'm following Youjo Senki. 40 year old salary man reincarnated by jealous god into the body of a young girl fighting wars in a parralel world. Yeah it's over the top, but who doesn't like a ruthless and evil 10 year old girl murdering armies.

But that's anime for me though, sometimes there's original or funny ideas with pretty decent character development at least to the point I enjoy wasting my time on it, but most of the time its just "what is this shit!?".