• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jon & Kate Plus 8

SillyGoose

MBTI Type
EXXP
Anyone watch this? I'm curious to hear your thoughts. Most of the message boards chatting about the show are shut down at the moment.

I used to really love watching this show, the kids are absolutely adorable and hilarious. Increasingly I've got really agitated with Kate's style of parenting and just her general demeanor and can no longer really sit through an entire half hour.

Oh, and the internet rumors are that Aunt Jodi was "fired" by Kate because the production crew wanted to give Jodi a contract and start paying her for babysitting the kids. The past 4 years Kate has not paid her at all and was miffed that the crew wanted to do it!

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
I LOVE that show. I used to watch it all the time. I must admit, I too got really irritated by Kate's style of parenting. Having been raised a part of my life by XSTJ caretakers, I only understand that she wants what's best for them.. though she comes off really stuck-up/anal. I think her demeanor can potentially kill the entire show. Despite that, I still see inherent goodness in her though..

It makes sense that Jodi's not on there anymore.. I suspected something was wrong when they all of a sudden decided they wanted to move and we hardly see clips with aunt Jodi/Beth.

SillyGoose

MBTI Type
EXXP
Initially I just brushed off some of her quirks as to just parenting differences and it didn't really bother me. Except for the gum episode with Colins lovey, I almost started crying for him :( "Bear is my buddy." Awww.

Here is Jodi's sisters blog: "Truth Breeds Hatred" ~Bias of Priene, Maxims Of course it is heavily pro-Jodi, but it was really interesting as a behind the scenes look.

Oh and I read the same thing happened with Beth. Although the twist is that they have a co-authored book with Beth coming out in Nov?...

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Jon & Kate Plus 8? I always thought "Eight is Enough."

*applies for job as roofer, gets it, within first hour of work falls; dies*

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Wow. Drama. I sorta predicted that something along this nature would happen. Coming from someone as uptight/thrash/black & white like Kate, I'm not surprised that she would turn around and bite the hand that feeds her.

Sad part is, even though I like watching the show, the thought of having camera crews constantly around/the lighting/the environment of the house as a film production for entertainment makes me feel guilty for watching it, because the kids need to grow up in a natural environment where they can live a normal life without having people pry into it. Anything done in excess has negative consequences. On the bright side, at least the money saved up from producing the shows can surely pay off for their college tuitions.

It's sad to see how in their case, money/greed can turn people who matter most against one another. So sad.. On top of that, I think it's also because Kate's/Jodi's personalities don't quite mesh well so things just happened to pan out the way it did. If Kate doesn't give herself a reality check soon, she could also lose Jon..

SillyGoose

MBTI Type
EXXP
I also wondered about how long the camera's where filming the kids and such. That's what lead me to google them in the first place, as a matter of fact.

Kate had stated that it was very minimal, it probably was initially. Jodi tells a different story now. It pains me to think about kids teasing the twins and sextuplets with some of the stuff that has been shown.

Usehername

On a mission
I'm pretty sure Kate is xSFJ, not xSTJ.

It appears to be logic because of the xSxJ need for organization and control (magnified by the fact that they have a gazillion kids): this is how they explain their actions. But it's far more feeling-based than they even realize.

She is very much like my ISFJ mom.

Delilah

We all got it comin' kid
MBTI Type
INTP
If Kate doesn't give herself a reality check soon, she could also lose Jon..

I'll take him! :wubbie:

I love the show, the kids are just about the cutest damn things I have ever seen, and it really helps to put parenting into perspective.

Kate really does drive me insane though, at least once an episode I find myself wishing Jon would just tell her to shut her fucking yap for a second and pull the stick out of her ass.

He cracks me up. Yes, :wubbie: again.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Bless John Goslings heart. He seems like a very patient and easy going person.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I don't watch the show very often, because it just seems like the same thing, over and over. But it does surprise me that the two of them haven't killed each other yet.

It did make me ROFL once when the interviewer asked Jon how Kate had changed, and he said when they'd married, she'd had this long, blonde hair, and then one day, it was brown. And then it was short. And she asked how he felt about it, and he sheepishly looked at the camera and said, "I like blondes."