First 123412 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I know Jennifer is a first-rate accompanist on piano and keyboard, and probably could make a fair concert performer if she put in the time to practice.
    Fat chance of THAT happening (based purely on my historical precedent).

But a house band could easily be in the works. I like playing by ear anyway. (cuz, um, I don't need to practice, nor do I have to play what's on the page! )

I dabble in lots of things, although officially I played clarinet, oboe, xylophone, and pipe organ.

....A little birdy told me that Nocaps also has some musical skill.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I play the Coke bottles.

Oberon

One of the fun things I like to do with my fiddle is play stuff that isn't ordinarily played on fiddle. For example, I can play the guitar riff from Southern Culture On the Skids' "Camel Walk." Or, when my group plays Clapton's acoustic "Layla" or "You Look Wonderful Tonight," I play the signature electric guitar part.

I can also do a fair "Jump" by Van Halen (on double stops), as long as we stay away from Eddie's big solo.

MBTI
    INTP

I can play the guitar pretty well.

I can fake it on:
    - Piano
    - Mandolin
    - Banjo
    - Bass Guitar
    - Bass Fiddle (plucked bluegrass-style, no bow)

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    One of the fun things I like to do with my fiddle is play stuff that isn't ordinarily played on fiddle. For example, I can play the guitar riff from Southern Culture On the Skids' "Camel Walk." Or, when my group plays Clapton's acoustic "Layla" or "You Look Wonderful Tonight," I play the signature electric guitar part.

I can also do a fair "Jump" by Van Halen (on double stops), as long as we stay away from Eddie's big solo.
    Very cool, Oberon! I'd like to see that! Did you see this video? YouTube - ALEX DEPUE DAZZLES OPEN MIC NIGHT (MySpace.com/alexdepue)

I play piano well, and I took up guitar six years ago. I'm working hard, b/c I want to be good on guitar. I can fake bass and cello. I really want to learn some stuff on mandolin, like Battle of Evermore. I'd love to be able to play violin, but I feel like a big-time klutz when I attempt to learn.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Bass horribly, don't think guitar-like instruments are for me (not right now anyway). Trying out drums soon (getting an electronic kit) as I always find myself beating out rhythms against my (desk/car door/steering wheel/shifter/floorboard of my scooter/etc.) while listening to music anyhow.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    infp

I've been playing guitar for five years. I don't know how good I am compared to the musicians here who sound like they've been playing longer than I have, but I think I can confidently say I'm at least good on both rythem and lead for my age. I play a lot of different stuff, from sort of country/bluegrass to bop to rockabilly and other stuff. I can do improv pretty well, too. I play electric and acoustic guitar.

Anyone got any recordings?

I can also play bass fairly ok. I sort of do bass solos more then actual bassplaying (althugh I've been told my bass solos are pretty good for pure improvisation), but I think if I was to try to actually play a baseline I could do a decent job, but for the most part my bassplaying is screwing around. I'm kind of ok at drums and harmonica, and I used to play piano when I was like 10 but stopped.

By the way, it's my goal to be able to write very good songs and possibly profesionally record them by the time I'm 25, but I'm going to aim for an earlier age if I can, but no rush.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post

Anyone got any recordings?
    I have a recording of me playing drums to a fairly cheesy radio-rock style song. It was a song of the band of a guy whom I worked with, back when I was in high school. They let me play the drum part because it was for my "Senior project" in high school (and I was a little better than their drummer hah) , which I did on the subject of "music recording." Because it was a quick recording it doesn't sound awesome but it sounds a lot better than a tape recorder set up in a garage or something (thanks to my Dad who did pretty much all the technical stuff on it).

If you really want it PM me and I'll hook you up, but I'm not gonna just provide a link here for the public. I'm not much for making a spectacle of myself . It's a pretty cheesy song and the drumming is pretty straight-forward rock. Not too much to it although the ending is a jam. lolz

U got any recordings GZA-ster?

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Can hold my own with a guitar; can hold a beat with drums; can fake my way through bass guitar. I've come up with some melodies on piano, but have very little experience. I also sing!
    Same-same.

And notta plays the piano.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    ISTJ

Played Baritone Saxophone through middle/high school. I still play my alto sax occasionally.

Have tried to learn:
    -Piano
    -Bassoon
    -Guitar
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
    --Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"

Nothing is worse than active ignorance.
    --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.
    --Isaac Asimov