User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by ed111 View Post
    I think you're teasing me I would never claim to be a renowned BONER (especially in capitals).
    I didn't make that up! That's what we call 'em in marching band. They're boners and play 'bones.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    I didn't make that up! That's what we call 'em in marching band. They're boners and play bones.
    How unfortunate! They must endure quite a lot of ridicule :p I think I'd rather heft a souzaphone around than be known as a boner!

MBTI
    INFP

I play guitar and keyboards but not well. I suppose I can come up with something listenable on a 4-string banjo, a bass and anything resembling a recorder but it's hardly "playing".

I can sing pretty well though.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by ed111 View Post
    I enjoy playing the keyboard and composing electronic music (using Reason software). I was also once a renowned trombonist (in my own local area hehe).
    Cool, I do similar stuff: Play trombone, and compose music by computer programs...well, actually I haven't composed anything in a really long time. But I could if I wanted to.
    And bass guitar as well, I've been playing that more than the 'bone, in recent times.

Yes, we call them "bones", too, but I make a point never to call myself or my colleagues "boners". I use the longer, more stilted terminology "trombone-player" or "trombonist", like you said.
    Last edited by Cimarron; 09-24-2008 at 08:24 PM. Reason: half-smiley
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ

[QUOTE=Cimarron;331909]Cool, I do similar stuff: Play trombone, and compose music by computer programs...well, actually I haven't composed anything in a really long time. But I could if I wanted to. QUOTE]

I haven't been able to compose anything recently due to not having access to my equipment, but I'm looking forward to being creative in the near future!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

I play...my voice. I was in chorus and ensembles for years, but I'd need a few weeks of warming-up to expand my range back to its previous state.

I can play a few songs on the guitar too. I practice intensively for one week out of every three months or so . When I'm 60 I'll be like Jimi. Seriously, we'll be the same guy. Everyone'll be like, "oh my god it's the ghost of Jimi!" But it won't be Jimi because it will be me.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Yes, we call them "bones", too, but I make a point never to call myself or my colleagues "boners". I use the longer, more stilted terminology "trombone-player" or "trombonist", like you said.
    Yes... there are so many unfortunate potential constructions along those lines. For example, "Boner-blowers" is probably not a term to win friends and influence people.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Yes... there are so many unfortunate potential constructions along those lines. For example, "Boner-blowers" is probably not a term to win friends and influence people.
    Hey man, the boners embraced it. That's what they call themselves. You've gotta expand your mind, man!

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm pretty good with the guitar, bass guitar and piano. I play some drums as well. I'm currently thinking of trying to learn a more exotic instrument.

MBTI
    INFP

Piano for 10 years so far... and I'm planning to learn to play the guitar this december