12 Last

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENTp

Default The MBTI types of MLB stars.

Okay, so this might belong in the MBTI forum, and it might not, but I spent my 4 hours at work thinking about the MBTI types of certain major league baseball players. So far, I've derived the following:

ISTJ's
    Albert Pujols
    Chipper Jones
    Tom Glavine

ISTP's
    Barry Bonds
    Ken Griffey Jr.

ESFJ's

Derek Jeter
    John Smoltz

ESTJ
    Gary Sheffield

ESFP
    Andruw Jones

ESTP
    Manny Ramirez

ISFJ
    Alex Rodriguez

ISFP
    Vladimir Guerrero

INTP
    Greg Maddux

Perhaps I'll add more. I'm not sure of Maddux as much as the others, but I would have been sad if there were no N's (I was tempted to label Andruw an ENFP).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Orel Herscheiser I believe is an INTJ.

Omar Vizquel might be an ENFP.

Beyond that, I don't know much about baseball -- even though my father is a Cleveland Indians fanatic...or at least used to be.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ferunandesu View Post
    Perhaps I'll add more. I'm not sure of Maddux as much as the others, but I would have been sad if there were no N's (I was tempted to label Andruw an ENFP).
    Yeah, I'd think it'd be very hard to hit over 300 HR's and have a lifetime ave at .300 or above without using some major N to drive some pitches.

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Orel Herscheiser I believe is an INTJ.
    N dominant types (ENXP, INXJ) are probably rare. Simply because of their weak S. I couldn't see someone being successful in baseball with piss poor Si or Se.

Quote Originally Posted by spartan26 View Post
    Yeah, I'd think it'd be very hard to hit over 300 HR's and have a lifetime ave at .300 or above without using some major N to drive some pitches.
    ?

MBTI
    INTP

Wouldn't one have to be very intuitive to figure out what pitch is coming? Even Junior with his amazing bat speed has to process a lot of data to try to determine what pitch is coming and how to get good wood on it. I could see Tony Gwynn being an ENTJ but I don't know. What would you think.

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by spartan26 View Post
    Wouldn't one have to be very intuitive to figure out what pitch is coming?
    Intuitive, perhaps. iNtuitive, no. Si is probably best for this.. The Ti of an ISTP would process the data, and their Se would feed it to them, while also allowing them to be more reactive to something unexpected.

I could see an ENXJ or INXP doing reasonably well, since they aren't N dominant and S isn't their weakest function, but they would probably need to be extraordinarily talented.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

How did you come up with your typing for Pujols? I'm a Cardinal fan and have met him. I'm almost 100% sure he's an extrovert. You're right about the SJ. I think the T/F is a tossup. I'm thinking he's actually ESXJ.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    How did you come up with your typing for Pujols?
    I was going by his stoic nature on the field. But if you're 100% sure that he's an extrovert, then I can't really argue with that now can I?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by ferunandesu View Post
    I was going by his stoic nature on the field. But if you're 100% sure that he's an extrovert, then I can't really argue with that now can I?
    My impression is based on his interaction with fans and his community work. He seems to genuinely enjoy talking to people. On the field, I think he's just very focused.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ISFJ

I dont know about J's and N's in major league baseball. I'd bet that about 90% of MLB players are either ESFP, ISFP or ESTP.
    "Move swiftly."