User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

Aw, the OP link's not working anymore. Music is usually an emotional expression. I listen to different kinds based on my mood...from death metal to down tempo and ambient and everything in between.

MBTI
    ENFP

i went christmas shopping yesterday and came home with 'dark side of the moon' and 'london calling', wish I'd bought that dead album though...

my vinyl collection disproves this theory, and I'll listen to anything so long as it doesn't suck
    What's up universe?

Quote Originally Posted by luminous beam View Post
    Aw, the OP link's not working anymore. Music is usually an emotional expression. I listen to different kinds based on my mood...from death metal to down tempo and ambient and everything in between.
    BBC NEWS | Scotland | Music tastes link to personality

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

Hm, thanks Gauche. So I listen to all those genres, but the ones I listen to most are Classical Music, Rap, Dance, Indie, Rock/Heavy Metal, Chart Pop and Soul. I grew up mainly listening to Classical, then to Rock/Heavy Metal, then got into Indie, Dance, and it's just within a year or two that I've gotten into Rap, Soul, Pop and back to Classical. If we look at the order of that "psychologically" in reference to the article:

Grade School:
    I started out with "High self-esteem, creative, introvert and at ease" (Classical) when young

Middle/high school:
    Started to really get into rock and became "creative, not hard-working, not outgoing, gentle, at ease"(Rock/Metal)

College:
    "Low self-esteem, creative, not hard working"(Indie) and "Creative, outgoing, not gentle"(Dance)

Current:
    Only recently in the past couple of yrs- "High self-esteem, outgoing"(Rap), "High self-esteem, creative, outgoing, gentle, at ease"(Soul), "High self-esteem, not creative, hardworking, outgoing, gentle, not at ease"(Pop) and back to "High self-esteem, creative, introvert and at ease" (Classical) again.

I'm not saying that this is right on point or precise, but it kind of fits me. I always listen to everything, but, the genres I listed are the ones I consider relating to the most at the time, the ones that speak to me that I can't get enough of that got the most plays in those time frames.

MBTI
    INFP

I'd say my eclectic taste in music would be a match for INFP.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ISFJ

What, no electronic music?

heavy metal listeners are gentle, creative types who are at ease with themselves.

OK He got me.

Pantera makes me feel creative and at ease with myself.

MBTI
    INFP

Some of it is a little contradictory if you listen to a few genres, but generally I apparently am creative, have low self-esteem, and am not hard working. Oh and not gentle.

(it fits)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

its not what you like its why you like it... if there is a link between music and personality
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    its not what you like its why you like it... if there is a link between music and personality

Exactly! And this could be said about practically any subject, as related to type.