ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    it's not that they like it more or less

as an example of Si and music
    Si - tend to see images when listen to music, music might remind them of images and places in the past

vs

Ne and music: The only way i can explain Ne is quite cliched. Ne seems to enjoy music for purely the possiblities in music.

that was a terrible way of explaining it ^

it seems that music is filtered through the functions

for example me, an ENFP, i like music that has great variety, a lot going on but not too complex, and possiblites (all Ne), then i take this and apply the different parts of the song to different emotions and apply it to myself (<-- all Fi), this then allows me to, in a way, take my emotions and sort them out and put them in order (<--Te) and after this Si grounds all of it in reality

a filter is the best way i can expalin it, its not that what people listen to, its why
    I think, mlittrel, that you're ESFP. Also if the person on your avatar is you. Could that be possible?
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I think, mlittrel, that you're ESFP. Also if the person on your avatar is you. Could that be possible?

Milttrel... you noob... now this post can be misconstrued as weird (in regards to the rookies thread).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

uh no thanks though. and yes it's me. and lol at Angry Ayrab, thanks.
    ya im a bit of a noob to the whole forum thing so if i say something weird, as this statement might be, forgive me. not a noob to mbti though so the ESFP thing is actually kinda funny.

where are you getting ESFP from...explain?
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    Oh, it's ON! ...wait, what would we be arguing? Who loves music more? Easy, my ENFP enthusiasm will outshine your ESFJness like the sun outshines the moon. ...bitch. ()

D.C. meetup. Be there or be lame!
    Can't make it. Leaving for L.A.!
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Si is just as dependent on sensations as Se. Si savors sensations while Se experiences them in breadth. As an extraverted perception function, Se seeks variety of different sensations.

Ni and Ne are both equally dependent on internal visions. Intuit means to look inward, Introvert means to turn inward, Extrovert (Extravert) means to turn outward. Taken together, Ni savors inspiration internally, Ne seeks variety of inspirations.

Ni tends to have difficulty expressing visions. By stark contrast, Ne is very good at expressing visions and hypnotizing the audience with the charisma of its expression. The main problem with Ne and its visions is that, like its fellow extraverted perception function Se, Ne is merely interested in breadth of the vision. So while Ne is good at expressing visions, it is more content with leaving others with the application of it.

Ni lives the vision internally in what could be described as pure imagination. An Ni is likely less interested in expressing the vision towards the outer world, but merely to proclaim it. An Ni vision is less interested in affecting the outer world, but rather interested in living the internal images in the mind -- walking the inner landscape.

Si is dependent on external objects perceived through the senses, and turned inward. Unlike Se, Si is interested in experiencing sensations in depth and savoring them internally.

Which brings me to Si and its perception of music. Of any function, Si is most in tune with the inner forms of concrete experience. Where Se will likely dance to the music and live the intensity of engaging in physical impulses, Si will passively appreciate the forms and beauty derived from music.

In the case of N and its way of looking at music, Ni will transform the sensory experience of listening to music into an internal flight of fancy. For Ni, music or any other sensory experience is merely the starting off point for an esoteric journey in the imagination. Ne will hear music and look for ways to expand it -- Ne is interested in transforming the outer world through internal insights. Ne will look at the external world and find ways to make it better.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

ok ya so you just explained the basics of functions lol ya my explaination was a little rough but props for taking the time to type all of that out lol. finally, a good explaination.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Can't make it. Leaving for L.A.!
    Lame! Actually, I'd like to apologize for the aggression. You see, I had been sitting in this chair for 3 or 4 hours straight in a room with no windows with the door closed. Thankfully, I've moved around since and have returned to a state of normalcy... sort of. Thank you.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

they appreciate the sound more, yes.
    the semantic meaning, formal structure, poetics, um no.

now what about t and f? that's the real question.

MBTI
    INTJ

Intuitives enjoy music more than sensors. Intuition correlates highly with Big Five Openness, and part of that trait is art appreciation. Correlations are probably weak-medium.
    "Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius." - Wolfgang Amad Mozart