• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Top 10 Favorite Video Games?

Favorite/Preferred Type of Games

• Total voters

CharmedFantasy

MBTI Type
IxFJ
I like and play a lot of video games.. sooo just wanted to make this thread for fun and to see what the majority of other people play :) This is myy top 10 favorite games (1st being my most favorite to last being my least). You can include series together :x since I know there's a bunch and it would fill up all the slots if you put them all in lol.

1) Xenogears
2) Final Fantasy series (2,3,7,8,9,10,10-2,11,12,tactics,tactics advance)
3) Suikoden series (1,2,3,5)
4) Arc the Lad series (1,2,3,Twilight of the Spirits)
5) Fire Emblem series
6) Star Ocean the 2nd story
7) Fatal Frame series (1,2,3)
8) Tales of ___ series (Phantasia, Destiny, Eternia)
9) Chrono Cross
10) Valkyrie Profile (1,2)

@_@ I know I play a lot.. Those are all games I really liked. There's more I like to add but :p only listing 10. As you can see I really enjoy RPGs!

So what kind of games do you guys like?

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
Ummm....

I don't know.

I don't like RPGs because I have to play them alone.

I like games that involve my friends.

my favorite game ever is probably WoW but I don't think that counts.

I really like the Bloody Roar series.

CharmedFantasy

MBTI Type
IxFJ
Ummm....

I don't know.

I don't like RPGs because I have to play them alone.

I like games that involve my friends.

my favorite game ever is probably WoW but I don't think that counts.

WoW counts :eek: at least I think it does. it's an mmorpg
annd bloody roar is a fighting game I'm guessing :p

sassafrassquatch

Not in order:

Battlefield 2142
Battlefield 2
Battlefield Vietnam
Battlefield 1942
Team Fortress 2
Unreal Tournament 2004
Halo PC
Quake II
Quake III
StarCraft
FarCry

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
1. Resident Evil 2
2. Command and Conquer Generals
3. Tekken 3 and 5
4. Halo (xbox)
5. Halo 2 (xbox)
6. Battle Field 2 (xbox)
7. Gran tourismo 2
8. Resident Evil 4
9. Super Mario World
10. Zelda a Link to the Past
11. Knights of the old Republic II (actually this is up there).

Sadly, I can't even look at another video game anymore, I try but no satisfaction at all. Last one I enjoyed was RE4. I never thought this day would come but it has.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
In semi-meaningful order:

Super Mario Bros. 3
Perfect Dark
Neverwinter Nights
Counter-Strike
Stars!
Exile / Avernum (3>1>2)
Max Payne (1 and 2)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Arcade Game
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Unreal Tournament
Sim City (3000?)
Roller Coaster Tycoon
Galaga
Space Empires II

Note that game geeks who think there are other games more worthy than the ones I've listed can suck it.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
The Legend of Mystical Ninja (SNES)
Super Mario World (SNES)
Super Mario 64 (N64)
Goldeneye (N64)
WWF WrestleMania 2000 (N64)
GTA III (PS2)
Halo (XBOX)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (DreamCast)

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Smash Bros, Mario Party.

Good times.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I like and play a lot of video games.. sooo just wanted to make this thread for fun and to see what the majority of other people play :) This is myy top 10 favorite games (1st being my most favorite to last being my least). You can include series together :x since I know there's a bunch and it would fill up all the slots if you put them all in lol.

1) Xenogears
2) Final Fantasy series (2,3,7,8,9,10,10-2,11,12,tactics,tactics advance)
3) Suikoden series (1,2,3,5)
4) Arc the Lad series (1,2,3,Twilight of the Spirits)
5) Fire Emblem series
6) Star Ocean the 2nd story
7) Fatal Frame series (1,2,3)
8) Tales of ___ series (Phantasia, Destiny, Eternia)
9) Chrono Cross
10) Valkyrie Profile (1,2)

@_@ I know I play a lot.. Those are all games I really liked. There's more I like to add but :p only listing 10. As you can see I really enjoy RPGs!

So what kind of games do you guys like?

You like Chrono Cross???? w00t!! I don't know anyone else who likes that game like I do! Well, here are my favorites, in no particular order, keeping in mind that I haven't played as many as most:

Chrono Cross
FFX
Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil
Okami
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Katamari Damacy/We Love Katamari
Ico
the Dance Dance Revolution series
Kingdom Hearts (1, not 2)
FFIX

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Bloody Roar II was one of the only fighting games that I ever enjoyed. And I only ever played a demo of it at an electronics store!

CharmedFantasy

MBTI Type
IxFJ
You like Chrono Cross???? w00t!! I don't know anyone else who likes that game like I do! Well, here are my favorites, in no particular order, keeping in mind that I haven't played as many as most:

Chrono Cross
FFX
Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil
Okami
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Katamari Damacy/We Love Katamari
Ico
the Dance Dance Revolution series
Kingdom Hearts (1, not 2)
FFIX

alright! -high fives- ;)
Cool games :) I've played all those except okami and katamari hmm.

oooh and shooting games are wiinningg by votes so far :eek: the only shooting game I really enjoyed and played for awhile was counter-strike online with friends in the past.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Of those played within the last year:

1. Halo series (Combat Evolved's single-player, the latest title's multiplayer)
2. Oblivion
3. Half-Life 2
4. Chromehounds
5. Galactic Civilizations

Even though it's a one-off, I highly recommend The Experiment (European release Experience 112) to adventure players.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
i won't give a full list, because it'll be repetitive. i basically only play rpg's, action rpg's and fighting games. i play madden too but that's an exception to the rule. don't know why this is, i tried other games and i didn't catch on.

no. 1 for me has to be chrono trigger. if you haven't played it, it's coming out on the DS and i urge you all to play it. my all time fave, hands down. i personally can't stand chrono cross though and as far as i'm concerned, the series ended at CT. 1/3 of the dream team, completely different mood in game and a very different battle system to me does not equal a sequel. i don't care if they try and continue the story, if i made a game myself starting from where ff7 left off, it would not be ff7:2.

final fantasies must be next in line in terms of my faves. i liked pretty much all of them, though i do have a hard time picking a favorite. there just isn't a perfect game there imo. really really good games, but they all have flaws. ff5 was amazing imo, if only they had limit breaks back then (really adds to the excitement factor). 10 was good but it didn't have a world map, making the world way too small.

ff7 was good but i think the twist was slightly unrealistic (in its context) even if you calculate all the factors they give you. i played ff7 quite recently too and the graphics sadly enough made the game less enjoyable for me. i don't like putting too much weight on graphics, but i would've preferred either old school 2d or the 3d we have now.

ff9 i enjoyed because of the brilliant characters they had. vivi is still my favorite in the entire ff series thus far. he's an INFP :D. love them dreamers. however, i don't think i got a real 'end of the world' feeling from it. it was an adventure, but it didn't give me that extra feel to it. i think the other ones did.

in order, i would say:

ff5
ff7
ff10
ff9
ff8 (just because it was my first)
all the others

don't argue with me on this one, it's just my opinion.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
In no particular order:

Super Smash Bros 64/Melee/Brawl
Ultima Online
Gunz: The Duel
Guardian Heroes (For Sega Saturn)
FF4/2
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Soldier of Fortune 2
PowerStone 2 (For Dreamcast)
Megaman X4
Super Mario World

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Diablo II
GTA: Vice City
Sim City
Super Mario Kart
Zelda:Link to the past
Zelda:Ocarina of Time
Tetris
Super Mario World
Donkey Kong Kountry(1 and 2)
Street Fighter

Just 10? ugh
honorable mentions:
Dr.Mario
Brain Age
Golden Eye
Mario Party
Paper Mario

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
no. 1 for me has to be chrono trigger. if you haven't played it, it's coming out on the DS and i urge you all to play it. my all time fave, hands down. i personally can't stand chrono cross though and as far as i'm concerned, the series ended at CT. 1/3 of the dream team, completely different mood in game and a very different battle system to me does not equal a sequel.

I honestly think about Chrono Cross as a totally different game in a totally different world. I thought of the scenes that featured characters/locations from the other game (or the times when the CT theme song was alluded to in the soundtrack, which, by the way, I consider to be the best video game soundtrack of all time) as just cool little allusions to a totally unrelated game. Like, for instance, in every FF game, when you're in a totally different world, with totally different characters, and suddenly there's a moogle! And there's a chocobo! It's like that. FF, only with Chrono at the beginning (and not quite as epic or character-driven).

But that's just me.

CharmedFantasy

MBTI Type
IxFJ
10 was good but it didn't have a world map, making the world way too small.

ff7 was good but i think the twist was slightly unrealistic (in its context) even if you calculate all the factors they give you. i played ff7 quite recently too and the graphics sadly enough made the game less enjoyable for me. i don't like putting too much weight on graphics, but i would've preferred either old school 2d or the 3d we have now.

ff9 i enjoyed because of the brilliant characters they had. vivi is still my favorite in the entire ff series thus far. he's an INFP :D. love them dreamers. however, i don't think i got a real 'end of the world' feeling from it. it was an adventure, but it didn't give me that extra feel to it. i think the other ones did.

yea I agree with you with ff10 having no access to world map traveling. you only clicked where you wanted to go and the paths were so straight-forward D: which made it pretty boring.

I really liked ff7, I actually thoughts the graphics were awesome when it first came out Lol. you prob didn't like it because you played it recently :p so you got used to the nice graphics of the recent new games.

ff9 was my favorite ^^ love garnet and vivi. I really like the story about the summons, etc. ff8 I liked for the love story(mostly played it for rinoa lol).

Since you guys were talking about chrono cross.. I wanna mention :O The introduction to the game is the bessst (love the song). I found a orchestra(eminence) playing the theme on youtube here >.> but I think the electric guitar guy kinda ruined it(it overplayed the flute!) oh.. and here's another cool song that they played. ._. yeah I know that was random.. but they're so good!

ah and I noticed a few people have zelda: ocarina of time. awesomeee gaaaame

..and scanty your avatar from diablo2 lol I remember doing those cow runs so much, lvl up and items! moo mooo moo -kill!- o.o

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I dunno some of my favorites:
Fallout 1&2
Doom, all of them
TIE Fighter
Privateer 2
Command & Conquer (the original)
TOCA Race Driver 3

I know I'm forgetting half; oh well.