• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Top 10 Favorite Video Games?

Favorite/Preferred Type of Games

• Total voters

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
FallsPioneer said:
-GuiltyGear XX (way to go to Kora, although you might be talking about the first one?)
Nope, I was referring to all series, forgot to clarify. GGXX was my favourite, though.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have to say that Far Cry 2 looks amazing and innovative both as a concept and as a game (not as amazing as Crysis, but still...), but did it have to be part of the Far Cry cannon?

I mean, why couldn't they continue the adventures of Jack Carver?

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I like adventure/platforming games the most, like Mario, Zelda, Kid Icarus, or the like. I like some shooters too though, like the Halo games and Goldeneye on N64.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm playing the single-player demo of Battlefield: Bad Company. It's got some of the most hilarious character dialogue (in a so-bad-its-good sort of way). I might have to get this one.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, so I just bought Battlefield: Bad Company and I've been playing the multiplayer. I love this game and it's one of the best Battlefield games.

But now, I'm recharging my controller. I'll have to wait two hours to play it again. :(

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
rainbow six, counterstrike, splinter cell, the battlefield series

i like FPS that incorporates strategy in some way :yes:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My dirty dozen (in alphabetical order):

Alpha Centauri
Civilization II
Contra
Halo II
Knights of the Old Republic
Pac-Man
SimCity
Super Mario Kart
Tecmo Super Bowl
Warcraft II
X-COM: UFO Defense
X-Wing

redacted

Legend of Zelda: Ocarana of Time
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Mario Kart 64
Rayman 2 (so tripped out)
Super Mario 64
Rocket: Robot on Wheels (I bet Uber would get a kick out of it)
Perfect Dark
Goldeneye
Halo/Halo 2 (haven't played the third)
Prince of Persia - old school

Yeah, I've only owned an n64.

P.S. Does Minesweeper count? It's definitely my best game ever -- I was going for top 100 list at some point.

6sticks

MBTI Type
istp
Deus Ex
Hearts of Iron 2
Alpha Centauri
KOTOR
Morrowind/Oblivion
Total War series
Unreal Tournament (I only liked the first one)
Grand Theft Auto series
Full Spectrum Warrior
Arcanum

Hastily remembered and in vague order. Basically I'll play anything as long as it's violent.

Enyo

MBTI Type
xNTJ
In no particular order

Final Fantasy X (PS2)
Knights of the Old Republic (Xbox)
Knights of the Old Republic II (Xbox)
Mass Effect (360)
Super Mario World (SNES)
New Super Mario Brothers (DS)
Luminess (PSP)
Tetris (NES)

Enyo

MBTI Type
xNTJ
11. Knights of the old Republic II (actually this is up there).

I :heart: KOTOR I & II. You like the 2nd better than the first? Why?

Oh, btw, if you did like the first KOTOR, then try Mass Effect. It was made by Bioware, too.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I used to like shooters and RPGs, but I think I've grown out of those. I'm very competitive and they take too much time if you approach them from that perspective. I voted strategy because I still can't get enough of games like Warcraft III. I'm anxious to see Starcraft II.

Downloading sudoku onto my cell phone was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Enyo

MBTI Type
xNTJ
I used to like shooters and RPGs, but I think I've grown out of those. I'm very competitive and they take too much time if you approach them from that perspective. I voted strategy because I still can't get enough of games like Warcraft III. I'm anxious to see Starcraft II.

Downloading sudoku onto my cell phone was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

I can't play first person shooters, no matter how much I'd love to play Halo. I get motion sickness from playing them.

And, yeah, I can spend way too much time playing RPG's, which is why I play with a timer. (I know, it's sad, but I can lose track of time and spend 6 hours playing without moving. If I set a timer for an hour, then I don't lose track and reclaim the rest of my life back.)

Sudoku is fun, though.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I can't play first person shooters, no matter how much I'd love to play Halo. I get motion sickness from playing them.
I can't stand them on consoles. Using a thumbstick to aim? Screw that. Gimme a mouse.

And, yeah, I can spend way too much time playing RPG's, which is why I play with a timer. (I know, it's sad, but I can lose track of time and spend 6 hours playing without moving. If I set a timer for an hour, then I don't lose track and reclaim the rest of my life back.)
RPGs make me hate life, so I refuse to play them.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I still have to get Mass Effect for the PC.

Tomorrow, I'm getting Crysis Warhead. I've still got a $25 gift card for Gamestop that I haven't used yet. I hope it is one of those gift cards that never expires.

I was watching and reading the reviews for Crysis Warhead. Apparently, it both looks better and performs better than the first Crysis. I understand that it could run with graphic settings all maxed out on an nVidia 8600 GT.