• Other

23 17.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Favorite Video Games?

almost nekkid Array scantilyclad's Avatar
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by CharmedFantasy View Post

..and scanty your avatar from diablo2 lol I remember doing those cow runs so much, lvl up and items! moo mooo moo -kill!- o.o

hehe i love cow levels. I like to go in cow levels after everyone has left and pick up all the items they left.
    INFP 4w5
    The pain won't let me get away.

yeah lol, when it comes to ff7 i agree that my views are tilted because of the time i played it. didn't get to play video games as a kid though. had to wait till high school.

i can see ff9 as an INFP game . there is a lot of magic and stuff along with a theme of innocence that an INFP can enjoy. garnet really wasn't my favorite character though. she's a princess summoner with white magic. she's cherished by all but wants her own adventure. how formulated can you get? once again, this is just my personal opinion, i'm not gonna challenge anyone based on personal preferences .

i agree that chrono cross is a completely different game to chrono trigger. what pisses me off is that they tried to continue the story. if the same members of the dream team were there would never have agreed to put such a dark spin on things. it's not that i don't like dark themes, but that brand of 'cruel fate' just did not match the dragon quest atmosphere of chrono trigger. i wouldn't like it even if it was a separate series altogether, but i think i would respect it more. i really don't like it the way it is. on top of the 'corruption' of its predecessor, it also has a really small map (bigger worlds bring mystery), it has way too many characters (makes character development difficult) and the game at the latter stages is way too easy.

In no particular order.

Grand Theft Auto III
    Grand Theft Auto IV
    Halo: Combat Evolved
    Half-Life 2
    Deus Ex: the Conspiracy
    Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    Gran Turismo 3
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Tomb Raider
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    Metroid Prime
    Hitman: Silent Assassin
    Theif III: Deadly Shadows
    Mass Effect
    Final Fantasy VII
    Pro Evolution Soccer
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

I used to be really into RPGs but unfortunately don't have the patience for them anymore.

Skies of Arcadia
    Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
    Final Fantasy IX (& FF series in general)
    Golden Sun 1 & 2
    Counter Strike: Source (pretty much all I play these days)
    Beyond Good and Evil
    Knights of the Old Republic
    Zelda: OoT and A Link to the Past
    Mario Kart series

no specific order...

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    it has way too many characters (makes character development difficult)
    hmm I like games with many characters. I don't know why but it makes the game more interesting and fun for me. They all can contribute to the storyline and they all have different personalities and their own little story.(it depends on the game I think.. some suck at developing all the characters). That's personally why I like chrono cross,suikoden,fire emblem, arc the lad, and xenogears. all the characters are unique (have their own way of fighting etc.). suikoden in particular is very good with all their character development and interaction between them. oh and you get to see different perspectives too which is neat. Sometimes games where you are stuck with 3-4 people for the whole game get boring especially if I don't find one character I like in the bunch.(like ffx-2.. only yuna,paine, and rikku. only 3! just about them the wholle tiiime. o.o gets kinda boring.. at least have like 6+ characters lol)

oh and I liked garnet just because :o she was cute! lol annnd a whitemage/summoner (I like whm) she was really strong when I used her. I uuused Steiner, the monkey kid(forgot his real name), Garnet, and Vivi.

If anyone here likes rpgs that are kind of wiiierd and umm dark. Xenogears has a mysterious, deep, and unique storyline/characters. :o Although you might be confused most of the time lol.. it was an awesome game (at least to me).
    "To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world."

Don't really play anymore, but most of my favorite games from the N64 are listed already.

Perfect Dark
    Ocarina of Time

Civilization: Call to Power
    Battlefield 1942
    Desert Combat
    Halo maybe.

That's it. I usually just like to play other people, so shooters work the best because it's not so time consuming. It's quick fun.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Loads of games where my favourite for a long time until my new favourite came along, so I'll list all the games that have had enduring place, that I've come back to even years later after completing them...

1. Mario Kart 64
    2. Baldur's Gate & all sequels (PC)
    3. Medieval Total War (PC)
    4. Medieval Total War II
    5. Ocarina of Time
    6. Age of Empires
    7. Tropico
    8. Streets of Rage (Sega Megadrive)
    9. Streetfighter II Turbo (SNES)
    10. Merv the Merciless (Amiga)
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Mud and rain and chaos... Array TickTock's Avatar

In no order

FF 7
    FF 10
    Soul Calibur
    Tekken 2 / 3
    Mario Kart 64
    Smash Bros Melee
    Command and Conquer 2: Red Alert
    Porsche Challenge (probably not the best racer but the only one I had and I love racing games)

Here are some of my favorites:

Final Fantasy Series (VII is my favorite, and I include FF Online & FF Tactics)
    Super Mario Series (III was my fav)
    Zelda Series
    Freedom Force & Sequel
    Neverwinter Nights
    Advance Wars Series
    Ico & Shadow of the Colossus
    Katamari Damacy
    Fire Emblem
    Kingdom Hearts Series
    Monkey Island (only played Escape)
    Guitar Hero
    Dragon's Lair (dat's old school)
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)

Grim Fandango
    Monkey Island Series
    Final Fantasy 6
    Baldur's Gate 2 + Throne of Bhaal
    Planescape: Torment
    Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
    Deus Ex
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadows of Chernobyl
    Chrono Trigger
    Fallout 1 & 2
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.