User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Rifftrax

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default Rifftrax

    It's from a lot of the dudes behind MST3K. I'm watching the Ocean's 11 Rifftrax right now, and it doesn't suck.

    Welcome! | RiffTrax

  2. #2
    Emerging Tallulah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    I love these. My roommate and I have done a whole bunch of them. Certain movies, like Independence Day and Cloverfield, for example, are ONLY watchable with a Rifftrax.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Most definitely. My hatred of Cloverfield is legendary. Oceans 11 was one of the best, btw. And T3. I've seen about 80% of them.

  4. #4
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    I never understood the appeal of MST3K. I mean, are people too lazy to make fun of movies themselves? They've got to have somebody do it for them? There's just something really weird about watching somebody else watch a movie.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    They did watch each movie upwards of ten times, and had about eight writers I believe, so it's pretty high density.

  6. #6
    violaine
    Guest

    Default

    Heehee, Road House with Rifftrax! Don't think I could watch Cloverfield again even with a Rifftrax.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    I think Road House was the first one. You should check it out, because it is, in fact, hilarious.

  8. #8
    violaine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I think Road House was the first one. You should check it out, because it is, in fact, hilarious.
    Yes I've already watched it with Rifftrax... hilarious indeed! I should have watched it a little later because nothing else seems to be measuring up. I may watch Glitter again with it. I fell about laughing the first time I saw it (without Rifftrax), I don't know if it could be much funnier.

  9. #9
    Emerging Tallulah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Most definitely. My hatred of Cloverfield is legendary. Oceans 11 was one of the best, btw. And T3. I've seen about 80% of them.
    Ah, Oceans 11! I shall have to check it out. I'm slowly making my way through all of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I never understood the appeal of MST3K. I mean, are people too lazy to make fun of movies themselves? They've got to have somebody do it for them? There's just something really weird about watching somebody else watch a movie.
    I just dig that type of humor, and these guys make lots of hilarious obscure references. They're generally a LOT funnier than when you just sit around with your friends, making fun of the movie.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I just dig that type of humor, and these guys make lots of hilarious obscure references. They're generally a LOT funnier than when you just sit around with your friends, making fun of the movie.
    They have a "guest riff" feature now, where you can upload your own. I'm sure most of them are pure ass. I had a LOT of shit to say during Stone Cold with Tom Selleck, so I may or may not try to fill out the whole movie and send it in.

Similar Threads

  1. Rifftrax!
    By Julius_Van_Der_Beak in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2013, 06:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO